Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Josef K.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
I'm trying to make morrowind work on my MBP under leopard
I've read that crossover should work but mw seems to hangs up at startup (got the icon in the dock but no screen)
I've tried winxp and win98 bottle both with directx 8 and 9
any idea?

Jack Burden

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2009
Works for me with Crossover, but I had the same problem (hanging at startup). But I have a technologically-inclined buddy who gave me an "ISO" file that works like a disc image and when I installed it from that it worked just fine.

Word of warning, with my version of Crossover (whichever one they had for free download day last year) the local map is all blacked out (all you can see is the arrow that represents you and the little squares that mark doors) and also the picture of your character in your inventory isn't there. Slightly annoying, but not detrimental. I did the free trial of the latest version and the local map worked (occasionally) and the character picture in the inventory was present (albeit upside down), but it kept freezing up on me. I'd recommend whatever the older, free version was.

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
I don't know about Morrowind but I've got Oblivion running on my MBP in OSX. Cider. Gotta turn off HDR, AA and run with the graphics settings a little on the low side. Otherwise, runs fine.

manchestrian

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2009
There's a cider port of it knocking around on torrent sites. I'm not condoning pirating games, but if you already own a copy then I see nothing wrong with downloading a copy of the port.

I have a legal copy but downloaded the port to play on OSX and it works perfectly, even on my macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.