Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kylebyers91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
How can I find out if my iMac has a DVD burner. Do all iMac's come with DVD burners these days or what.

illegallydead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Colorado!!!
How can I find out if my iMac has a DVD burner. Do all iMac's come with DVD burners these days or what.

All current ones do, yes.

To double check, click the Apple logo on the top left, go to about this mac, and click on more info. That will display everything your system has in it.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
All current models come with DVD burning capabilities.

You can see what you have by going to "About this Mac", then click on "More Info..." to launch System Profiler. Under "Hardware", select "Disc Burning". You should see the CD/DVD writing capabilities.

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany

Go Apple Menu -> About This Mac. Then click more. Go down on the list to Disc Burning.

If it looks like this: DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW, then you've got a SuperDrive that can burn DVDs and CDs. If not, you've got a ComboDrive that can read/burn CDs, but only read DVDs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.