Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pianoplaynfool

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Will the updates (if any) be issued on Monday, the start of the WWDC, in the middle, at the end?

What is Apple's priority on this?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
as in to the MBP line?

Minor speed bumps if anything (such as the white macbook just received).

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
There won't be any updates.

Duff-Man says...most probably not. What is virtually guaranteed though is a whole bunch more threads asking about updates between now and the start of WWDC followed by a whole bunch more afterwards complaining about there being no updates....oh yeah! :)

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
Duff-Man says...most probably not. What is virtually guaranteed though is a whole bunch more threads asking about updates between now and the start of WWDC followed by a whole bunch more afterwards complaining about there being no updates....oh yeah! :)

I think you just accurately foresaw the future... Duff-Man knows all!

bonini

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2009
I believe what the OP is asking is at what point during WWDC are the MBPs likely to be updated, as in the beginning, middle or end of the conference. I realize its impossible to know for sure, but I am curious if anyone has any good guesses based off apples past actions.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
I believe what the OP is asking is at what point during WWDC are the MBPs likely to be updated, as in the beginning, middle or end of the conference. I realize its impossible to know for sure, but I am curious if anyone has any good guesses based off apples past actions.

Duff-Man says...At events such as these (WWDC, past MacWorld's etc) product announcements are generally made during the keynote speech. It's also the norm for the keynote giver to say as part of the announcement what the availability is - ie Steve saying "out now" or "ships next month" or something like that.

As has been said already - *if* there is anything in the Macintosh hardware line-up being updated it is going to be very minor and not even likely to be included as part of the keynote. The fact that any update will be minor (and again, updates are not likely at all, for the hundredth time) makes it more likely that if/when they do happen it will not be at an event such as this but done quietly with no fanfare at some point in time after, like the minor update to the Macbook recently....oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.