Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sooooophi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Hi!
So I deleted some of my photos by accident on the iPhone by moving them to the trashcan. Is there anyway to undo this or check the pics in the trash?!

Thank you for your help

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Hi!
So I deleted some of my photos by accident on the iPhone by moving them to the trashcan. Is there anyway to undo this or check the pics in the trash?!

Thank you for your help

I'm pretty sure once it's deleted then it's actually gone - there is no trash can/restore method like on a computer. That's why, when you hit the trash icon, it asks if you want to delete or cancel before doing anything else - because once you press delete then it'll be gone permanently.

stezza333

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
Unless you synced your iphone after the photo was taken (therefore creating a backup) I don't think there is anyway to get it back.

Twe Foju

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2007
Jakarta
that is why there is a word called "Backup" :D

even if it's not important, just keep backing up your stuff once every week

webdoubt

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2009
@TweFoju read the question closer. he just took the picture, realized he deleted the wrong picture, wants to undo the deletion. the existance or implentation of the word backup will not help in this circumstance.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
@TweFoju read the question closer. he just took the picture, realized he deleted the wrong picture, wants to undo the deletion. the existance or implentation of the word backup will not help in this circumstance.

You just answered a thread that's been dead since June 2009. :eek:

Ladas

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2013
Athens, Greece
Then... just to make it "official" and close this issue for ever: No, you can't undelete a photo that you just deleted from your iOS device if you don't have a backup!

(this post ranks 1st in Google for similar searches so I suppose a lot of people read it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.