Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZDDP1273

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
I had 2 cases. The first one I ever had was the SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel. Then I switched over to the InCase Slider. I liked the Slider a lot better. I finally stopped using a case though, and I just go with it naked now. It's so much lighter and once the first scratches got on it, I stopped caring about it so much and just went with it.

Kenzembo1

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
Youngstown, OH
I LOVE the Incipio feather...it adds virtually no bulk to the phone and is very minimalist in appearance. It also gives you more grip because of the matte finish of the case, not to mention it fits flawlessly in my Just Mobile X Stand :D

Most ppl don't even know that I have a case on my phone (I have the black feather on my black iphone).

The biggest thing is that the case has a lifetime guarantee...I'm very careful with my phone, but one day I noticed a crack in the case near the headphone jack and immediately notified Incipio (customer service). After I emailed them a pic of the case and where it cracked, they sent me a replacement via USPS first class mail (got here within 48 hrs from Irvine, CA). Excellent customer service!

jettrue

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2007
Does anyone know if there is something similar to the feather for the 1st Gen iPhone? All these cool new cases, but only for 3G.

I like the look of the Moshi Concerti, has anyone used it for the 1st gen phone? It says its for both, but not sure how well it would fit??

As for the leather discussion, I appreciate someone standing up with their beliefs, but you're fighting a loosing battle, and this is a silly place to wage it (a thread about iphone cases). In addition, if you can't see why someone who eats and wears adult meat wouldn't have a problem eating or wearing baby meat, then you're the one with the confusion. Those baby cows turn into adult cows, don't they? Why are baby cows more important? Cause they're cuter? LOL

TheBrainMcClain

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
Your comment is so far off the mark it's laughable.

Incidentally, you should give this a read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe

Maybe it'll help you come off as less of an idiot in the future. Grammar can only do so much though.
So what you're saying is that if you use proper grammar your point is more valid?

Crocodiles consume other animals, so why can't we? That's the major fallacy in the logic of vegetarianism: Every animal gets to eat one another except us. We may be superior in intelligence, but we are still animals. If a man jumps into the tiger cage at the zoo and gets torn apart, would you be angry at the tiger for eating another animal? (No, because it's instincts are to kill and eat) If I were to kill a tiger though, would you be angry? Should us humans fight our instincts to kill and eat? If we should, doesn't that create a paradox? Animals are supposed to be equal to us, so if we can control urges and instinct and they can't we are superior and don't have to treat them like we do our species.

You deserve diabetes (like Ingrid Newkirk) so you're forced to use insulin, a drug derived from animals, or synthetic insulin, a drug tested on animals.

On topic:

I'm about to order, coincidentally, a Capsule Rebel Tiger to replace my DLO Videoshell, which replaced the Capsule Rebel Arctic I scratched and dented beyond belief.

TheBrainMcClain

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
Does anyone know if there is something similar to the feather for the 1st Gen iPhone? All these cool new cases, but only for 3G.

I like the look of the Moshi Concerti, has anyone used it for the 1st gen phone? It says its for both, but not sure how well it would fit??

As for the leather discussion, I appreciate someone standing up with their beliefs, but you're fighting a loosing battle, and this is a silly place to wage it (a thread about iphone cases). In addition, if you can't see why someone who eats and wears adult meat wouldn't have a problem eating or wearing baby meat, then you're the one with the confusion. Those baby cows turn into adult cows, don't they? Why are baby cows more important? Cause they're cuter? LOL
I see a point in an unwashed hippie's reason to abstain from veal. The cows harvested for veal are locked up in dark boxes and are unable to move, as it keeps their muscles undeveloped and the meat tender. Harlow, how ironically, proved how bad it is to be raised in isolation; so of any animal the veal cow is treated the worst and I could see why even meat eaters can draw the line at veal. Cruelty aside, it's the most delicious form of animal mistreatment in the world and now I'm craving some. :D

NeurgefSheece

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2009
<a href=http://www.esnips.com/user/yahurro>cheap paxil</a>

Very nice collection of information on that question. Thanks to the author. I have been looking for such an article since January! Thank you again!

Gravey

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2009
Georgia
Got the Black and Yellow

I received an e-mail from Speck that the white/cranberry Candyshell was back in stock so I gave it a go.

Speck1.jpg

Speck2.jpg

I like it a lot, but as I've heard in other reviews it is really hard to get off. Maybe it'll break in a bit over time? Other than that it's a really good, solid, protective case that still manages to keep the look of the iPhone.
I think I'm done with cases now for a bit!

I Got the black and yellow, I am hard on my phone, but this case is SOLID! 'There is a little difficulty getting it out the first couple of times, but once you learn the trick, it's not so bad. I love the fact that the inside of the case is rubberized, and I installed a power support crystal face protector on it, My phone, as rough as I am on it, has not a scratch except for some minor superficial scratches on the back that came because of some dirt that had gotten inside the case(my fault, like I said Im rough on my phone, plus I also didnt take the phone out of the case for about 2 weeks straight after I put the case on initially). But now I take it out and just rub the inside out every few days, and I have noticed no more scratches beyond those first couple, and I have NO scratches on my screen, thanks to the power support crystal protectors. They also sell an antire glare protector, but I haven't tried them.
The case also has a raised rubber outline around the screen, so that way if you dropped it on its face, the screen doesnt come into contact with the ground(Ive done it a couple of times now)
The only thing I DONT like about my black and yellow speck is the black is glossy, and as I said, I am rough on my phone, so the glossy black shows ALL my scratches,plus to me the yellow is just ateeny tiny bit distracting at first(I will probably get one of the specks with a darker color outline) I would probably go the next speck case with the gray and green, or the white like you have, those colors probably show WAY less scratches over time, overall though, I LOVE MY CASE, you get over the slightly more bulky than the size of the phone(which really isnt that bad to begin with) after the first time you drop your phone on the ground and it comes away unscathed! Yes dirt gets in where the camera lens is a, but I really dont see how this could be avoided unless the case came with a retractable door over the lens(which I actually heard of a case out there that has that, anyone know what it's called?)
There is rubber that goes over your up and down buttons and your lock button, and yes they arent as smooth to push as just your button itself, but again, for the protection that this case offers you, those things to me are way low on the totem pole of importance.
Sorry so long winded, it's just hard to get good detailed info on cases out there, the goods, the bads, etc, so I just wanted to give you guys some of my personal usage experiences that may help your decision.

Overall, I REALLY like my case(exept for the glossy black thing, which I really hope they come out with a primer black that would be awesome!) Remember to take it out and clean it out at least every couple of days(depending on how much dirt gets into your pockets!) and that's about it~P.S. Sorry, one other thing, the mute rocker is just a little difficult to get to because of the shape of the case, but if you have fingernails, it's no problem......

CoreyHM1

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
I was using the iFroz Luxe case, my favorite so far. It left absolutly no rubbing, or scratches to the phone.

DSCF4368.jpg

Then i went to this. naked.

DSCF44663.jpg

CoreyHM1

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008
$20 eBay kit plus A LOT of patience. I must say it was harder to do than I thought it'd be. :p

iphonefanatic

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2009
Switcheasy colors

I was considering buying the switcheasy colors. Do you guys know if it is a real lint catcher? Does it provide good protection? Thanks

cardboardcowboy

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
$20 eBay kit plus A LOT of patience. I must say it was harder to do than I thought it'd be. :p

Care to share a link? I'm looking for a way to change the color of the back plate on the iphone without sending it off to colorware for $150. I'm always down for a little DIY adventure.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
Care to share a link? I'm looking for a way to change the color of the back plate on the iphone without sending it off to colorware for $150. I'm always down for a little DIY adventure.

I tried replacing the black plate on my 3G, and I broke the ear speaker/proximity sensor this weekend. The iPhone 3G back requires you to remove ALL of the insides, and there are dozens of very tiny screws. Its a total, pointless PITA, and I managed to wreck a cable in the process due to the absolute difficulty of opening the case. If you do venture on do NOT use the suction cup method, as when the front suddenly gives and opens you could easily pull too hard and rip all the connectors off the main board (as I did).

CoreyHM1

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2008

Be sure you know what you're doing, and take your time. The first one i ever took apart i broke a ribbon cable because when i pulled the glass/LCD up from the casing.. it "popped" up from the pressure. I learned to lay it flat and place one had on the other side of the glass so that it doesn't do that (i used a suction cup to pull it up, it doesn't risk scrathing anything.). Watch the take apart videos carefully. And if you reuse the metal bezel, you'll need to re-glue it onto the new housing.

Theres a few things i learned while doing it, if you do. Just PM me, and I'll give you a few tips.

I bought this kit, obviously the only thing i used what the sim card holder and housing. It comes with the trim pieces you'll need too though, for the camera and headphone port.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120413138966

EDIT

I tried replacing the black plate on my 3G, and I broke the ear speaker/proximity sensor this weekend. The iPhone 3G back requires you to remove ALL of the insides, and there are dozens of very tiny screws. Its a total, pointless PITA, and I managed to wreck a cable in the process due to the absolute difficulty of opening the case. If you do venture on do NOT use the suction cup method, as when the front suddenly gives and opens you could easily pull too hard and rip all the connectors off the main board (as I did).

EXACTLY what i done the first time. Like i said above, i learned to lay it flat, and placing a few fingers at the ear piece side on the glass to assure the whole thing doesn't come "flying" up when you get the bottom loose from the bezel. *also, i tried using the case opener tool. I could never get it to work.. :(

cardboardcowboy

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2008
Be sure you know what you're doing, and take your time. The first one i ever took apart ...

Awesome. Thank you, sir. I have yet to actually order my phone but I know for sure, after looking at colorware's site, that I have to have a colored back...it just looks so good. Once I get the phone in my grubby little hands I'll be sure to hit you up for some info.

Do you (or anyone for that matter) know if the 3G and 3GS are built the same? Would they both be disassembled the same way?

disRUPtors

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
New Orleans
the best iphone case - with holster?

These are all great cases! Can anyone recommend a good case with a holster? I am currently a otterbox user. It does a great job, but it's massive! Any ideas?:confused:

Gravey

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2009
Georgia
Update on use of my speck candyshell case......

Just thought Id share my case story, happened last night. I was in a hurry to get home, so as I was buckling my 4 year old in her car seat, I placed my keys and phone on top of my car, it was dark, and when I closed the door, I only grabbed my keys and started the car and headed down the road. About 300 yards down the road, I heard a noise and at first didnt know what it was, but a second later, I had an "OH SH@##%T" moment, MY PHONE!!! So I backed up to about where I heard the noise, got out, and sure enough, lying in the street was my phone, NOT A SCRATCH ON IT< WORKING PERFECTLY!!!! Yet another reason why I like my Speck Candyshell case, I figure I was going about 30, and from the top of my car to the ground is a good 5 to 5 and a half feet off the ground.......

Ironworker808

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
These are all great cases! Can anyone recommend a good case with a holster? I am currently a otterbox user. It does a great job, but it's massive! Any ideas?:confused:

Otterbox Defender comes with a holster. It's what I use. Love it, wouldn't use another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.