Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

202821-hero20090608.jpg

Apple has posted the 2009 WWDC Keynote stream from today which introduced a remarkable number of announcements today:

- iPhone 3.0 Launching June 17th
- Apple Announces iPhone 3G S, Launching June 19th
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Shipping in September
- Apple Releases Safari 4 for Mac and Windows
- Apple Releases New 15" MacBook Pro, Updates 17" MacBook Pro
- Apple Updates 13" Aluminum MacBook, Rebranded as "MacBook Pro"
- Apple Updates MacBook Air and Drops Price to $1499

Article Link: Apple Posts WWDC 2009 Keynote Address Quicktime Stream

Mykbibby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
This is the worst keynote of all time. iPhone 3GS upgrade for 400/500 dollars on top of the monthly plan that charges as though its subsidized? AT&T never ceases to amaze me.

applecultvictim

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2009
A most excellent keynote, real exciting stuff, apple has spoilt us and preped us really well for Steves return with mactablet!!!!

Go apple!!

newguineafan

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
This is the worst keynote of all time. iPhone 3GS upgrade for 400/500 dollars on top of the monthly plan that charges as though its subsidized? AT&T never ceases to amaze me.

I agree, ********* keynote ever. Way to disappoint, Apple (well, more like frickin' AT&T for their horrible terms of service *cough cough* tethering).

The whole media was waiting for a front-facing camera, an appearance by Steve Jobs, but alas, no.

Not to say I'm not a hypocrite and getting the new iPhone :p

xnu

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2004
Does anyone think Phil Schiller has lost some weight?

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Patiently waiting for Podcast.

Very solid announcements, glad to see iPhone 3.0 coming out next week and not next month. Snow Leopard looks a lot more interesting than I'd previously thought and the updates to the laptops (especially the monster price drops here in Aus) are stellar.

The updates to Exposé in Snow Leopard (click on the dock icon and hold) as well as the 512x512 pixels are certainly turning it into something you could easily port to a large touch-screen device...

Something big is in the wind.

russellc

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2006
I wasn't around to see the WWDC keynote. Was there any news about the rumoured Marble UI? Or any mention of the new UI in Snow Leopard at all?

applecultvictim

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2009
I wasn't around to see the WWDC keynote. Was there any news about the rumoured Marble UI? Or any mention of the new UI in Snow Leopard at all?

No, unfortunately that and the matte option for the mbps were sorely missing from an otherwise very fullfilling night.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
of course it wasn't available when i was looking for it earlier :rolleyes:

but better late than never. i was planning on watching while i was eating dinner, but i might try and watch it now

butterfly0fdoom

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2007
Camp Snoopy

It's typical practice for all carriers that you don't get a subsized new phone until 18 months after your contract began. Don't believe me? You can go read the fine print for every other carrier in the US. Oligopolies are fun, aren't they?

Habitat

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2009
so what do you think now for people who recenly got macbook pros 2 weeks ago. what do we do

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
so what do you think now for people who recenly got macbook pros 2 weeks ago. what do we do

I'd say you enjoy your awesome MacBook Pro.

It doesn't suck you know.

Or call Apple and see if you can trade it in.

--------------

Re: The Keynote

There should be a split-screen with one camera aimed at the stage and the other camera aimed on the crowd to see the reactions.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
I was one of the people expecting that this keynote was going to be iPhone-centric with Macs and OS X being treated as an afterthought. Happy to have been proven wrong. :D

xnu

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2004
Seriously, there were some really good upgrades + price cuts. I give this keynote A. It shows Apple flexibility that we haven't seen... SD card slot, MacBook (Pro) firewire, and pricing... Great news all around. Mini-tower before September maybe? (probably not)
Snow Leopard's pricing is irresistible, smaller footprint is genius.
While I love reading rumors, it is great to be surprised, I guess Steve Jobs was the one leaking information before previous keynotes. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.