Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrj205

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2009
Virginia
Got mine about 15 minutes after the store came back online. 2.53! I assumed shipping delays will be an issue, but we'll see. I called the customer service line earler just for giggles, and the wait time around 9PM EST was up to 5 hours...so overwhelmed they are.

dajman

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
I picked up a 2.53 with an SSD but it says 2 weeks till shipping, anyone know why?

ryannn

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
I purchased mine at around 12:15pm this afternoon and went with the standard free ground shipping.

Tracking Information said:
Ship Date June 8, 2009
Estimated Delivery June 10, 2009

It's currently listed as "in transit" at FedEx's Sacramento Facility.

alesse

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2008
yay!

i ordered a 2.53 myself. the status says delivers between June 9 and June 12. since i don't think it can be here in hawaii in half a day, i'm leaning more towards the 12th as my actual receive date.

so exciting! can't wait. :D

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
I upgraded mine the a 250GB HD, will be here between the 10th and the 16th.

kaamio

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
Ordered the 2.53Ghz base model, will upgrade to 8G + 512SSD once those get cheaper. Should arrive by friday.

A week ago I was about to order the maxed out 17" version but because of the FW reappearing on the 13" model the trade off for portability and extra cost was easy. This 13" macbook 'pro' is by no means a pro machine but with a price like that, I can live with it until Apple makes once again a real portable PRO laptop.

Cheers

shoppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
Hants
Ordered a 2,53 last night prepared for shipping and a 2.26 and hour ago whcih is also prepared for shopping. Can not wait for tomorrow.

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
Ordered the 2.53Ghz base model, will upgrade to 8G + 512SSD once those get cheaper. Should arrive by friday.

A week ago I was about to order the maxed out 17" version but because of the FW reappearing on the 13" model the trade off for portability and extra cost was easy. This 13" macbook 'pro' is by no means a pro machine but with a price like that, I can live with it until Apple makes once again a real portable PRO laptop.

Cheers

How is the 13" MBP not a Pro machine? The only thing I can see that differentiates the 13" and the 15"/17" is the 9600M GT, and even the base 15" doesn't have that. Oh, that and a dedicated line in.

I'm going to be ordering a base 13" MBP as soon as I get back to the UK, along with a 3G S. Dunno whether to get a touch on education too, and then sell it on eBay.

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
Shipped to BARROW-IN-FURNESS, GB 09 Jun 2009
Estimated Delivery Date (Subject to change) 10 Jun 2009 (Subject to change)
Current Delivery Status Shipment dispatched 09 Jun 2009

:D:apple::D

Diode

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Mines prepared for shipment and should arrive early AM tomorrow.

Seems the Brits will get theirs before us in the US though :-(

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Ordered a base model 13" last night and it shipped this morning.

Now I have to figure out what to do with my recently purchased MB Air (refurb). I have already set up a return (luckily for a full refund) but I must admit, I've fallen in love with the screen.

I can't imagine the new MB screens will be as good but if it's even somewhat close, the Air goes back.

kaamio

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2008
How is the 13" MBP not a Pro machine? The only thing I can see that differentiates the 13" and the 15"/17" is the 9600M GT, and even the base 15" doesn't have that. Oh, that and a dedicated line

Oh, the screen res is so 2005. GPU as you said (9600M GT is also old crap from the same century). Most of the innards are probably the same with two year old line. The FW is probably Lucent / Agere class and the lack of Express Card is one of the biggest fails... There's nothing that's really new and innovative in terms of hardware except the battery, body and maybe the trackpad.

But still, it's the best bang for the buck from Apple for a while and it's a great machine. Not a pro one I'm afraid but I like it.

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
Is anyone anxiously searching YouTube for videos of the new unboxing?

Can't wait to order mine tomorrow!! I was thinking of buying one about a week ago too, can't believe that I waited.

Wasn't expecting an update.

PolySciSurfer

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
California
Is anyone anxiously searching YouTube for videos of the new unboxing?

Can't wait to order mine tomorrow!! I was thinking of buying one about a week ago too, can't believe that I waited.

Wasn't expecting an update.

Yes! This is honestly the first mac world where I can't find any photos of the new hardware. It's really bizarre. I think maybe there was no computers on display. Guess we will have to wait for the unboxers.

guru_ck

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2005
Bay Area, CA
What's the status on everyone's order? Mine still says: "Prepared for Shipment".

Also does anyone know where these things ship from? I'm wondering how long it will take to get to California (I selected the free shipping).

Just got my shipment notification e-mail! :D Estimated delivery is tomorrow. I'm in California by the way.

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
Yes! This is honestly the first mac world where I can't find any photos of the new hardware. It's really bizarre. I think maybe there was no computers on display. Guess we will have to wait for the unboxers.

Me too!! Keep me in the loop everyone.

iMeat

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Just got my shipment notification e-mail! :D Estimated delivery is tomorrow. I'm in California by the way.

Damn, I ordered mine right after the store went live yesterday and it still is stuck as prepared for shipping.:(

nylon

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2004
Ordered yesterday after Keynote. Shipped this morning... scheduled delivery tomorrow morning in Toronto.

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
2zp6oe9.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.