Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wakka092

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
MBP 13.3/2.26/2X1GB/160/SD-USA - Total Price: $1,329.58
Ships: within 24 hours
Delivers: Jun 11 - Jun 12

Sold my first gen MacBook Pro for $1000 so I didn't pay much out-of-pocket. :cool:

Portal83

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2009
Just ordered!

 Macbook Pro - 2.26GHz - 2GB RAM - 250GB HDD
 16GB iPod Touch

1-3 days to ship with 250GB HDD instead of within 24 hours, but it'll be worth it in the long run. Delivery date June 12th-19th. Here's hoping for the 12th!

Jigsawjammer

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2009
NYC
Typing this on my new 13" MBP!!!

I am so happy it is not even funny. It is so different coming from a TiPowerbook to this. Screen seems to have no dead pixels and looks great to me.

I was told that since the bottom is now one piece of metal, ram and HDD is no longer user upgradeable. I think no one really knew for sure at the store since this was the only one on display out of all of them and I'll be sure to check the manual.

I've never used Leopard either (tiger only) so I have a lot to learn. Also it seems the keyboard lights are on even in pretty normal lighting.

Am I the first to post with a new MBP 13"?

Reactions: VirtuallyInsane
I am so happy it is not even funny. It is so different coming from a TiPowerbook to this. Screen seems to have no dead pixels and looks great to me.

I was told that since the bottom is now one piece of metal, ram and HDD is no longer user upgradeable. I think no one really knew for sure at the store since this was the only one on display out of all of them and I'll be sure to check the manual.

I've never used Leopard either (tiger only) so I have a lot to learn. Also it seems the keyboard lights are on even in pretty normal lighting.

Am I the first to post with a new MBP 13"?

The HDD currently isn't upgradable because of the larger battery that isn't removable, hence no access to the HDD. The 13' Aluminum macbook had a shorter lasting, removable battery, and removable HDD.

Jigsawjammer

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2009
NYC
If anyone gets one from an Apple Store today please post to this thread. I'd like to go pick one up myself!

Typing this right now from my new 13" 2.26!!! Got it at the NYC 14th st store and it seems they just arrived because I went there yesterday and they didn't have it.

I Love it already...I can't even hear that it is on.

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
hey, congratulations!
wish you a bumpfree ride with it.

hdd and memory IS user servicable, it has been on 17" and it is on 13" and 15", so no worries!

enjoy it! :)

fuzzielitlpanda

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2008
The HDD currently isn't upgradable because of the larger battery that isn't removable, hence no access to the HDD. The 13' Aluminum macbook had a shorter lasting, removable battery, and removable HDD.

not true the official guide has been posted on apple's website showing how to replace the hdd and ram.

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
The HDD is upgradable.

the_mole1314

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Akron, OH
2zp6oe9.png

I got the 2.53, but I have the same time frame. All I got extra was the bloody VGA adapter! :(

I'm upgrading from an old school PowerBook G4 1.67ghz

wingnut8

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
I got the 2.53, but I have the same time frame. All I got extra was the bloody VGA adapter! :(

I'm upgrading from an old school PowerBook G4 1.67ghz
Did you upgrade the HDD? If you didn't, I'm surprised it's not to ship within 24 hours.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Typing this right now from my new 13" 2.26!!! Got it at the NYC 14th st store and it seems they just arrived because I went there yesterday and they didn't have it.

I Love it already...I can't even hear that it is on.

Congrats!

Yeah, I just called one of the stores here a few minutes ago. They still have not received them. Hope they get 'em soon! :D

gerbilbox

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2003

A non-removable battery has nothing to do with whether the hard drive is user replaceable. The hard drive is replaceable on the 17" unibody MacBook Pro:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3419

Granted, it's not as easy as replacing the hard drive on the 1st gen. unibody 13" and 15" models, but it's still far easier than the PRE unibody MacBook Pros. I haven't seen any official word on whether the hard drive on the new 13" and 15" MacBooks are replaceable, but the 17" model demonstrates that its possible, likely to be similar, and the battery doesn't prevent the hard drive from being removed.

marold280

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
God, you lot must actually have a limitless supply of money!!

Im getting the base model with 250 gig hard drive at the end of this summer. Free iPod Touch as well me thinks :)

I LOVE the SD card slot and the battery, so glad they were added.

marold280

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
its only an extra £40 pounds for it ! im well excited :D
Anyone else think its the new 12inch powerbook G4?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.