Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SeeYouInTheER

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Baltimore, MD
Just Bought New 15" MBP, how long?

bought it around 6pm EST monday. right after the keynote. i bought the lowest end 15", the one without 9600GT. now its status is stuck at Prepared for Shipment. how long will it take for it to actually get shipped? where does it ship from? this will be my first mac and im greatly excited to replace the Gateway P-7811 FX and its many problems.

heres a picture.

Attachments

• orderdetailsSFW.png
    orderdetailsSFW.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 401

pik.

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2008
Bologna/Corfu/Paris
i think that those displays if they are all of the Pros like this are better than the matte I was so fanatic about...

we have an issue here...:confused:

WOW.....

NinjaHERO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2008
U S of A
I am sure that depends on the shipping. If it ships in the next day or two, and you took the standard free shipping, it should take 2 to 5 days.

p.s. As this is your first mac, I highly recommend the apple care plan. I think you can still purchase it up to 90 days or a year after purchase. I find that I always get my monies worth. Computers break. Its nice when someone else has to pay to fix them.

SeeYouInTheER

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Baltimore, MD
i chose 2-3 day. you coulda looked at the picture.

yes i know i need applecare. my birthday is in may and money is tight as im underage. so i was going to buy it for my birthday next year since it would be under a year.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Screen looks fantastic!

Now I'm contemplating a 13" MBP again. I swapped my 15" MBP not long after I got it for a 13" MacBook but swapped it for the 15" MBP again because the screen sucked.

NinjaHERO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2008
U S of A
If it ships tomorrow, with the expedited shipping, you might get it Friday, Monday at the latest.

Good luck. Sounds like you are excited. Enjoy.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I made the switch to Mac this January from Vista. Its a great switch, it really is. I also have a unibody Macbook Pro, and its a great machine, you'll really like it.

Enjoy.

NinjaHERO

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2008
U S of A
I always assumed they shipped from various location across the states, but to be honest I am not sure. I live in Cali now, so I know mine is coming from here. Sorry. If I still lived in MD I could probably answer that better.:D

I am sure someone on this site will have the answer.

Jigsawjammer

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2009
NYC
i think that those displays if they are all of the Pros like this are better than the matte I was so fanatic about...

we have an issue here...:confused:

WOW.....

I'm on my couch and no glare and just put on the WWDC keynote in HD and it looked really great- matte is nice too but I think I really like the glossy

SeeYouInTheER

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I made the switch to Mac this January from Vista. Its a great switch, it really is. I also have a unibody Macbook Pro, and its a great machine, you'll really like it.

Enjoy.
im running the Se7en RC, ive been using the beta versions of seven for well over 6 months now. i hated vista that much.

SeeYouInTheER

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I always assumed they shipped from various location across the states, but to be honest I am not sure. I live in Cali now, so I know mine is coming from here. Sorry. If I still lived in MD I could probably answer that better.:D

I am sure someone on this site will have the answer.

i read ona post from here that they ship from shanghai? but the post was from 2007 so i dont know if they still do that. someone correct me please.

Portal83

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2009
i chose 2-3 day. you coulda looked at the picture.

I like how you're being snide to the guy when you didn't look at your own picture.

Ships within 24 hours.
Delivers June 10th-11th.

First is from their warehouse and second is at your address.

ColinEC

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2008
The bottom of the laptop looks very nice, it's so clean compared to other laptops I've seen.

Congratulations on the purchase! Very nice machine you've got there. Thanks for the pictures.

SeeYouInTheER

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2009
Baltimore, MD
I like how you're being snide to the guy when you didn't look at your own picture.

Ships within 24 hours.
Delivers June 10th-11th.

First is from their warehouse and second is at your address.

just because they say that doesnt mean it will arrive then. ive had many products from other sites show up earlier and later than they said it would. those are just estimates.

Alexwithad

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2009
USA
Apple store near me thinks they'll get the new ones by the end of this week...most likely tomorrow. Tomorrow would be my 14th day to return & my mom is going on vacation. I had her call & complain. They gave me a "raincheck" to get my new macbook pro (13 inch) with only paying the restocking fee for when she comes back :)

reallynotnick

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
What brand/model of HDD is used in these?
I am just wondering if I am better off just buying either a Seagate 7200.4 or WD Black and installing it myself then upgrading with Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.