Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
on my ipod touch i'm not getting a volume scrubber. i just get playback controls. also when i press the home button twice it says Dock Connector. does anyone know how to fix this? i already tried resetting my iPod (turning off and back on by holding the home and sleep/wake button at the same time). i really don't want to have to restore because i just did that.

IMG_0013.png
IMG_0014.png

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
I could make an uneducated guess and say it might be in part from os 3…*I doubt it though. I would say the next step is a restore, though…

I finally figured it out. it does have to do with 3.0. On the 1G iPod Touch in 3.0 if no headphones are plugged in then you can't change the volume. It works perfectly fined if headphones are plugged in. Thanks for trying to help though, I really appreciate it.

mynameisraj

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2008
Boulder, Colorado
I finally figured it out. it does have to do with 3.0. On the 1G iPod Touch in 3.0 if no headphones are plugged in then you can't change the volume. It works perfectly fined if headphones are plugged in. Thanks for trying to help though, I really appreciate it.

That makes sense. I'm glad you got everything sorted out.

I don't get why it says Dock Connector, though.

maczod

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2008
good to know i wasn't the only person who had the dock connector "stuck".

i connected it to my bose speakers' re-charge base and couldn't change the volume from the iPod and had to waste 2 hrs formatting and re-storing my 1g iPod :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.