Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsx00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
I just installed sims 3... The installer popped up, I finished it, but now I can't find the game? Every time I click the icon... the installer comes up again. Any idea as to what I should do?

Thanks

zalene

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2009
How frustrating! Sorry I can't be of any help.

I have a relatively new MacBook Pro. I inserted the disk, double clicked the icon and clicked on the "Sims 3 Installer" button in the window and nothing happens. I've tried rebooting, talking nicely to it, etc., but nothing happens. I know that all my specs are up to speed. Anyone else having the same problem?

LurchNC

macrumors regular
May 1, 2008
To find the game just type "sims 3" in spotlight. It may have installed somewhere other than your "applications" folder for some reason.

bsx00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
I did, and the icon comes up... But it just pulls up the installer again, not the game

voyagerd

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2002
Rancho Cordova, CA
I just installed it, it was fine other than the CD key wouldnt be accepted the first few times. So much for actually buying a game for once.

bsx00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
I have all of the requirements
Why does it keep pulling up the installer?
I already installed it, this is getting aggravating.

wcalderini

macrumors member
Dec 7, 2004
Yell at me later.

Not knowing your expertise level, If the following insults you I apologize in advance.

Double click on your Macintosh Hard Drive icon on your desktop.
When that window opens double click on your applications folder.
When that window opens scroll down until you see (hopefully) a Sims 3 Folder.
Double click on that folder.
You should see your game icon in there. You can double click from there to launch the game.

BUT before you do, you should select the icon, and drag it down to your menu bar folder at the bottom of your screen and find a nice place for it.

Then in the future you can launch the game from there.

If you knew all of this and it really WAS a problem install.

Yell at me now.

BC

bsx00

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2009
I knew that.
There isn't any sims folder Just the picture I posted -- that's all that comes up.

hankolerd

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Seattle, WA
Look in your 'Applications' folder for it. Or, when you search for it in spotlight, wait for it to finish searching, and see if in the list you find it. :apple:

rose113

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2009
Sims 3 installation problems :(

(I don't know much about computers.) I just got the Sims 3 I have a mac OS X 10.5.7 & it meets all of the system requirements. When I click on the installer it quits unexpectedly every time. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

Seluine

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2009
I think I might have figured out a way to fix this problem, as strange as that sounds (total newbie's first post, and the work around seems odd at least to me). I was having the exact same problem. I'd bought a download through GameTree and after installing twice wasn't able to find the app anywhere, searching in Spotlight only came up with the installer. The third time I tried to install, I changed the installation directory to my desktop instead. For whatever reason, searching for "Sims" in Spotlight after that actually shows the icon to launch the game. I opened the folder up in Finder and just dragged the icon to my Applications folder, and now it works just fine.

emilyfrance

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2009
Download is sooooooooo slow!!

Does anyone know why or how to make it faster?? It says 18 hours left for download!!

adryta01

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2010
same here

i bought the game 2 days ago n it seems i have the same problem, since then i have been looking for a solution on the net but i have found nothing. I saw the picture that u posted n read all the posts n its exactly the same 4 me, please if u find a solution email at me...that would be really nice :rolleyes:

Ladyhawk91

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2010
Maryland
what to do

I have the same problem everyone else is having! :mad:
I JUST bought the new 27 inch iMac and got Sims 3 to play and after I've installed it it won't run. I had trouble finding it too, but after I installed it a 2nd time the folder showed up in the Apps place. I click on the Sims 3 icon and the game manager screen comes on but if I click on the play button the application closes.:confused:

Now, (don't tell), I am at work and don't have Internet at home just yet, hopefully soon, so, it was suggested the lack of Internet could be the problem. What do you all think?

mrsparks090607

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2010
problem running sims 3 after downloading

i keep running into an error message after installing the sims3 when i try and run it i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and buying new disk. it ran fine for a short time then after i downloaded the sims3 worlds it missed it up. then i uninstalled it and reinstalled just the base game. any one know of any idea of why i keep getting an error message. if so please email me at my email address cause im at wits ends.

mr_and_mrs_parks_090607@yahoo.com:confused:

Naomi.serrano

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2011
Eadm

Is your EA download manager installed?!?

I previously had uninstalled my sims 3 and accidentally deleted my EADM so when i tried to reinstall only the launcher would work. you can install the EADM off the internet.

give it a try and ifit doesnt work, then I have no cluee:confused:

Dreamers5

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2009
when i installed the ea downlod manager alot of stuff began to fail and which i believe it would fail on the mac version as well on the pc version if both fails just buy the dvd and run it from that

LincDojillo

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2011
Sims Ambition

I downloaded Sims 3 and it worked. It also includes Sims Ambition pack. Both are downloaded in my Mac. When I started to play, it's asking me to put the Ambition pack CD. I find it weird because it's already downloaded in my pc. Can someone help me?

Soccerstar01!

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
Please help mee!!!!

last couple weeks my mac has been a jerk and turns out that it need a new hard drive after more than 2 days worth the work put into fixing it. now my "the sims 3" wont install on my macbook. it goes through all the steps except it gets stuck at 206 out of 235 on the install page and i tried everything. theres no way its a faulty disk because it installed many times before. PLEASE HELP ME.

xMegan'smegan

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2012
Hey guys, I've just downloaded from Internet the sims 3. I have MacBook Air. I've already installed it on my Mac,everything works, but when I try to start the game, it requires a Sims 3 CD. But I have MacBook AIR(!!!) and I downloaded game from the Internet, so I just can't have a disk. What should I do? PLEAASE,HELP:O
I want to play so so so so so much -.-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.