Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
Do you mean the new photos taken with your iphone? the ones you imported from iphoto should still be there (in iphoto that is). If you want to remove the pics u added from iphoto from your iphone, you need to un-sync the album. When you connect your iphone, iphoto should pop up asking you to import the pics you've taken on your iphone.

huntnboy04

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
MI, USA
Not the photos I've taken, I get the whole Camera Roll thing in the iPhone, when I sync, the pics I've taken with the iPhone import to iPhoto.

I thought, I could put photos on the iPhone and move them around, like with an iPod, so I have photos that were in iPhoto, now on my iPhone, and I need to put them into iPhoto ....it's complicated :(

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Not the photos I've taken, I get the whole Camera Roll thing in the iPhone, when I sync, the pics I've taken with the iPhone import to iPhoto.

I thought, I could put photos on the iPhone and move them around, like with an iPod, so I have photos that were in iPhoto, now on my iPhone, and I need to put them into iPhoto ....it's complicated :(

THe photos don't leave iPhoto just like everything else (contacts, calendars, etc) they sync with your Mac. There is nothing to put back, assuming you didnt delete out of iPhoto after you but them on the phone.

pzam

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2007
The hard drive on my mac book crashed. Luckily, I was able to upload most unbacked up pictures to my iphone before it happened. Now how am I going to move the pictures back to my iphoto library in my new hard drive? The only copies of the pictures are in the iphone. HELP!

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
According to me if you connect your phone to the Mac and open iPhoto it will let you import everything from your phone.

pzam

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2007
According to me if you connect your phone to the Mac and open iPhoto it will let you import everything from your phone.

I tried that, iphoto sees my iphone but none of my images. :( I think that function will only allow you to download pictures with the iphone not pictures downloaded from another computer (or my crashed hard drive). Any other suggestions?

huntnboy04

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
MI, USA
I have the same problem. You could email the pics to yourself, but like me I have like 500 pictures on my iPhone I need on the Mac, and as far as I know you can only email one picture at a time.

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
If nothing else works how about sending it to the web gallery in .mac if you have that ofcourse. or maybe you could even do that during the trial. I really don't know what else could be done.

pzam

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2007
How do you email the pics from your phone? I tried using gmail using safari, and it won't allow me to attach anything. Are you able to send out files to .mac from the iphone?

huntnboy04

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 11, 2007
MI, USA
How do you email the pics from your phone?

So far I think you can only email one photo at a time. When you are looking at the photo you want to send in he photo app, in the lower left, tap that icon and a list will come up of weather you want to set a wallpaper, email, or whatever. I think you have to have an email account set up on the iPhone.

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
I found this process a whole lot less intuitive than everything else about the phone.

This has been my first camera phone (came from blackberrys), and it is funny, that the camera is just good enough that I am actually interested in pictures now, and have some photo documentation of my life. Now it would just be a lot nicer if I could get them to sync correctly...

J.S.Khurst

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2008
If you have a Mac, simply open iPhoto, all the pictures will come up under devices on the left, you can choose to import some, or all, and either to keep them on your phone, or to delete them. It doesn't work in reverse, you still must use iTunes to handle specific albums.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

J.S.Khurst said:
If you have a Mac, simply open iPhoto, all the pictures will come up under devices on the left, you can choose to import some, or all, and either to keep them on your phone, or to delete them. It doesn't work in reverse, you still must use iTunes to handle specific albums.

Facepalm 3G

Sonicjay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Facepalm 3G

hahaha x2

sallythemac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Try Image Capture. Should be able to download photos off iPhone onto any Mac. I have done so before.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
The hard drive on my mac book crashed. Luckily, I was able to upload most unbacked up pictures to my iphone before it happened. Now how am I going to move the pictures back to my iphoto library in my new hard drive? The only copies of the pictures are in the iphone. HELP!

Well, first off, you're in trouble because iPhoto shrinks the photos dramatically before putting them on the phone. So even if you get them back, they are a fraction of the quality if the originals.

Secondly, e-mailing is a problem because I think it shrinks the photos too! At least, I know it shrinks the one you took with the iPhone camera. I don't know if it shrinks the synced photos, but hey, there's a pretty good chance that it does.

So what to do? I've never used this:
http://forum.iphoneworld.ca/iphone-...videos-photos-back-computer-win-mac-3297.html

But it's what Google gave me. I'd try that first.

The bottom line is that an iPhone is NOT a backup device. Please get a firewire drive and Leopard and start using Time Machine. You'll be glad you did one day.

jmburgos2

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
I'm a genius

Guess what guys, just take screen shots of each of your photos. It's quick, and it all goes into your camera roll, which will automatically upload to iphoto. I was so proud when this dawned on me. Hope I helped out millions and millions of people with my stroke of genius!

Krikke68

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2009
Guess what guys, just take screen shots of each of your photos. It's quick, and it all goes into your camera roll, which will automatically upload to iphoto. I was so proud when this dawned on me. Hope I helped out millions and millions of people with my stroke of genius!

That's a great idea!
I also found a new app PhotoToMac that transfers your Camera Roll photos to your Mac over WiFi. I installed it immediatly and it works like a charm.

nyisles84

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
i delete iphoto the second i reformat my macs. I haven't yet tried importing to Lightroom 2 yet, I am going to have to try that when I get home and see if it knows not to import pictures it has already taken off the phone. I'd hate to have to re-install iphoto just to sync my iphone photo's with it.

Joseph Electric

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2009
I have the same problem. I had a pc that crashed. I bought a macbook and it will download all my Camera Roll but the 1200 pics I have from my PC will not and if I sync it will erase all my pics and replace it with whats in iphoto. Theres got to be a way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.