Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prp134

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Alright,

I ordered mine the 10th at 5am and up until yesterday was just anxiously awaiting for a shipping confirmation email. However, it seems that people who ordered from apple.com are getting theirs shipped yesterday and today..

WTF!!!

Anyone else who ordered from AT&T still not have a tracking number or am I the only one who it seems AT&T have forgotten.

Zarile3

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009
Alright,

I ordered mine the 10th at 5am and up until yesterday was just anxiously awaiting for a shipping confirmation email. However, it seems that people who ordered from apple.com are getting theirs shipped yesterday and today..

WTF!!!

Anyone else who ordered from AT&T still not have a tracking number or am I the only one who it seems AT&T have forgotten.

Anyone who ordered after the 9th is getting delayed till next august. Seriously, read the reports, all over the internetz.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
Anyone who ordered after the 9th is getting delayed till next august. Seriously, read the reports, all over the internetz.

dont be an ass.... I would Call att if you haven't gotten a confirmation yet or if it hasn't shipped.... that would be your best bet

sajjadbuet

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
Alright,

WTF!!!

If you ordered through AT&T premier, it happened to everyone. Apparently at&t forgot the premier orders. Too many things to remember for them. Just give them your money and don't complain.

prp134

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
psh! I don't care about rude people...

I'm just noticing that most if not all people who are farther along the process are people who ordered from apple. which I guess makes sense since they are the providers...but I mean At&T should be better at this by now, after two iphone releases.

Also, the charge on my card has been dropped and my account balance has been updated...I have exactly $267 put back into my account...the price of the iphone plus another phone that I ordered from at&t.

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico

I'm just noticing that most if not all people who are farther along the process are people who ordered from apple. which I guess makes sense since they are the providers...but I mean At&T should be better at this by now, after two iphone releases.

Also, the charge on my card has been dropped and my account balance has been updated...I have exactly $267 put back into my account...the price of the iphone plus another phone that I ordered from at&t.

you need to call att... and talk to them or better yet go to a store and talk to them... you will get better answers there

Zarile3

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2009

Seriously though, just wait it out. Everything will work out, your within the original order time, so you should receive it by friday. If not, as everyone else is saying, monday isn't so bad either. Just be patient.

prp134

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
I am going to do that...but I just wondering where other people's orders from AT&T where at.

TapOut

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
Erie, PA
i ordered mine in an ATT store on the 12th and my status changed to Shipped today... but the tracking # still is not working.. yesterday status was IN PROGRESS

and it says qnty shipped 1

ran007reed

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
Alright,

WTF!!!

I'm an At&t preorder too. I honestly think that At&t will deliver by Friday. Think about it in shipping terms.

At&t took all of our orders to a certain cut off date, tallyed them up and made one big order to China with one tracking number that we don't have access to. This huge order is probably already being received at an At&t facility as I'm writing this letter. At&t will sort and put an individual fedex/ups tracking number on it then update our records, probably by Wednesday. Hence the priority overnight shipping email confirmation for early buyers.

Apple is doing it in a similar fashion, but actually providing better customer service by associating their bulk tracking number to the consumer's tracking number. Do you really think they would send hundreds of thousands individual iphone boxes from china? No.. .They're coming by air in huge shipments, all at once.

So relax. Understand supply chain methodologies and with that knowledge, you'll feel a little better.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
I am going to do that...but I just wondering where other people's orders from AT&T where at.

I'm still at "In Progress". I pre ordered my phone from AT&T's website (not Premier) on Tuesday, June 9 around 12pm eastern. I did receive an order confirmation email on the 9th and a "The wait is almost over" email on the 13th. If you haven't received any emails whatsoever, I would call AT&T.

I would think that our iPhones will be shipped on Thursday afternoon so they will reach us on Friday. When I pre ordered, AT&T said that they would ship the phone overnight.

I think for those of us who ordered from AT&T, our phones are shipping from China and going to an AT&T location. Then, AT&T will ship the phones out to us.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
I'd suggest indicating how you ordered. In-store, online, online premiere. ATT orders are indicating progress, but if you're trying to figure out what's going on how and when it was ordered would be helpful.

GreggM3

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Atlanta
I ordered mine on the 9th for delivery to my home and it still shows as in process. I have little faith in AT&T. If it doesn't arrive on Friday I am travelng for two weeks so it will suck!!

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
This AT&T order was a bug mistake. I ordered on the 13th online. Today the order shows "canceled", WTF?? I called and they said they canceled it yesterday by mistake and reordered it yesterday. Again, WTF?? I'll be lucky if it comes at all. I should have gone through Apple to begin with. What a mess! :mad:

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
This AT&T order was a bug mistake. I ordered on the 13th online. Today the order shows "canceled", WTF?? I called and they said they canceled it yesterday by mistake and reordered it yesterday. Again, WTF?? I'll be lucky if it comes at all. I should have gone through Apple to begin with. What a mess! :mad:

Also, AT&T said that any orders placed on or after June 13 would receive their iPhone in 7-14 days. So yes, I would have probably ordered from Apple instead.

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
Also, AT&T said that any orders placed on or after June 13 would receive their iPhone in 7-14 days. So yes, I would have probably ordered from Apple instead.

Still in progress here, ordered about 5:00am on June 9th from AT&T wireless (added a new line to my account). Still In Progress!

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
I know, although when I called the online dept, they said that it still may come on 6/19 after doing some checking on their internal status, but clearly ordering from AT&T was NOT the way to go. I don't know what I was thinking. In fact if I thought I could cancel the order cleanly, I could still order form Apple today and get it Friday, but I don't trust AT&T to be able tio even do that right at this point and I would end up with 2 accounts and an extra phone charge. I'm stuck at this point.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
I know, although when I called the online dept, they said that it still may come on 6/19 after doing some checking on their internal status, but clearly ordering from AT&T was NOT the way to go. I don't know what I was thinking. In fact if I thought I could cancel the order cleanly, I could still order form Apple today and get it Friday, but I don't trust AT&T to be able tio even do that right at this point and I would end up with 2 accounts and an extra phone charge. I'm stuck at this point.

The only reason why I ordered from AT&T was because I am a new customer and I'm also transferring my number from Verizon. I figured that less would go wrong if I did it though AT&T rather than going through Apple through AT&T.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Still in progress here, ordered about 5:00am on June 9th from AT&T wireless (added a new line to my account). Still In Progress!

I don't think their status system is up to date. My order was redone yesterday, as I was told when I called in today, but the online status still shows canceled. They told me it may take time to update the status. :rolleyes:

prp134

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Well I placed my order online the 10th. I upgraded two lines on my family plan, one was an iphone for me and the other was a LG xenon for my little brother.

I immediately got a confirmation email and then the next day my order was online.

I then got "the wait is almost over" email on the 13th and it said my order was received and it was currently being processed.

After that I haven;t heard anything and my status has not changed.

I just got off the phone with AT&T and the rep told me that she saw there was a delay placed on the 14th but she sees nothing else and that it is "still in process" *sights* and she can't tell me when its going to ship

Ever since AT&T took over cingular, they have such poor customer service...because then she was like "well thank you for calling AT&T have a nice day" and hung up

Zoidaloid

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
SoCal
Consider This!

I've been reading around that there my be less crowds at places like Best Buy or Walmart. You might consider just going to one of their stores, maybe try pre-order there.

KratosKilla

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2008
My Dad's phone was order at like 8:00 AM on June 9. Still in progress with no tracking number. It is an online order,

prp134

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
*sighs* This is just not my week...I ordered a capsule rebel case on friday and I still haven't heard from them either....

I'm sure I'll have a few thousand stomach ulcers after this...:mad::(

Maclver

macrumors 68030
Nov 23, 2008
New Mexico
*sighs* This is just not my week...I ordered a capsule rebel case on friday and I still haven't heard from them either....

I'm sure I'll have a few thousand stomach ulcers after this...:mad::(

I would call them... or email them I ordered my cases from switcheasy sunday and it shipped yesterday!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.