Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robert Dudley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2009
Leicester House, London
I found this forum when I searched for the game 'Fly, Don't Die' which is an old Macintosh game that I used to play when I was young. This site, and one other site for old mac games, were all I could find. Apparently the game was created by the user here who goes by the name of "Dros." Frustratingly, I could not PM him since he apparently disabled the PM function in his profile, and he has no email address listed nor any other form of contact.

Dros, if you see this, I would like a copy of "Fly, Don't Die" if you can send me one. I am running System 7.5 in a Basilisk emulator.

Dros

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2003
Huh, I guess that is why I don't get any PMs!

I think I have a copy somewhere.

Send me an e-mail with your e-mail. Or try the PM... it says PMs enabled. Maybe being brand new you aren't allowed to send PMs?

Glad to hear you played it! I sometimes get people tracking me down for a copy. Pretty funny for a 14-year old game!

Robert Dudley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2009
Leicester House, London

Send me an e-mail with your e-mail. Or try the PM... it says PMs enabled. Maybe being brand new you aren't allowed to send PMs?

Glad to hear you played it! I sometimes get people tracking me down for a copy. Pretty funny for a 14-year old game!

Maybe I am not allowed to send PMs for being so new. I will post some posts here in the hope that they will eventually let me. Your email address is not listed - what is it?

Dros

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2003
Can you add an e-mail to your profile so I can send you an e-mail?

This is pretty funny that we are lacking a good way to send a simple message/file!

Robert Dudley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2009
Leicester House, London
I tried adding the email to my profile...but it doesn't show up there. At least I can't see it there - maybe other members of this forum can. You can try looking in my profile for it - I also put it in the AIM screen name box for the hell of it, although the last letters of "gmail.com" got cut off. Don't know what the deal is, but it's driving me crazy. My email address is argenttowers@gmail.com. Just send the game there, if you can. Thank you. I have many fond memories of that game. I also remember there was a sound clip from "Thank You, Friends" by Big Star in it. (I actually only found out who Big Star was after looking up that specific line, after it popped into my memory randomly after 13 years.) I think the clip from the song played when you looked at the credits or the special thanks part of the options or something.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
^ You're just a bit new. You need a few more posts and you should have access to that stuff. ;) :)

I would avoid putting your email address out here though, spam bots surf these forums.

Dros

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2003
Robert, I e-mailed you a copy of game so you can remove the e-mail above if you want. Good luck getting it to run!

Micah13

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2013
Kudos!

I also played the game ages ago. I no longer own a Mac but I'd like to find a way to play the game. Specifically I'd like to get it for my Dad as a B-day present. He used to sneak me into the university where he was getting his PhD to play the game on the computers there. It would be a neat gift to get the game for him as an ode to fun times in years past.

my email is altius 08 (at) gmail.com

I'd love a copy and any help I can get to get it running on a PC.

Molerat

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2014
Any chance?

Any chance you're still about, Dros?

I stumbled upon this thread looking to find Fly Don't Die myself - I've been looking for a number of years now! I used to love it!

Any chance I could get a copy kitflemonsspam (at) gmail (dot) com please?

renez4

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2016

I would love to get a copy of this game too. I used to play it in grad school too! It was my favorite game. Could you please send it to rene (dot) marois (at) gmail (dot) com Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.