Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imthekuni

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2009
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how to automatically move a file type to a sub-folder once it is downloaded? I want all mp3 files to move to a sub-folder called Music once it is downloaded. Thanks!

mx7

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2009
Did you get the script to work?
I'm trying to write something similar that moves the all the torrent files in the Download folder to the Trash.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

hanopsun

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2011
Hello Guys,
i am not familar with scripting and i have an issue to get this AS running to the end of the script in case that only one file i am searching for is missing.
I know why, but i can´t figure it out!I tried also if i could use the nohup option but this was not the solution here too.
Please help me out ;-) Thank you
:confused:

my script:
try
do shell script "mv /Users/user_xy/Downloads/*.pdf /Users/user_xy/Downloads/PDF/"
do shell script "mv /Users/user_xy/Downloads/*.dmg /Users/user_xy/Downloads/install4mac/"
do shell script "mv /Users/user_xy/Downloads/*.pkg /Users/user_xy/Downloads/install4mac/"
do shell script "mv /Users/user_xy/Downloads/*.app /Users/user_xy/Downloads/install4mac/"
do shell script "mv /Users/user_xy/Downloads/*.tbz /Users/user_xy/Downloads/Archiv/"
end try

nohiding

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
Very new MAC user

Hi, this is my very first post. I wondered if anyone could explain me how this works? And if there is an easy way of learning how to do it.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards :)

----------

Dear angelwatt, it seems like your article link does not work anymore. Maybe due to that it was removed. Can you tell me where to find a similar article?

br

See this thread, which makes use of folder actions. Here's an article on it as well.

nohiding

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
MacBook Pro 13" DK-2011

Before nobody begins to write me a novel.... I´m gonna tell ya, I searched a little bit my self. Now I´m programming, and 10 times more happy with my mac. :apple:

Worth All the money!
;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.