Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will you wait till Midnight for possible 3.0 release?

• Yes! 3.0 FTW!

Votes: 78 29.0%
  • Hell no! Apple will never do it.

Votes: 164 61.0%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 49 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dotLK

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2009
well doesn't look like it'll come anytime soon. Will check back in a couple hours and see if its up.

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
Yeah I wish I lived near San Diego area. All I got to look at is the ocean and the bay bridge :(

You should move to San Diego. It's a lot nicer. Start looking for a job down there. Monster.com , CareerBuilder.com, HotJobs, and so forth.

Here is what you are missing. In both Orange County and San Diego, on any summer weekend day, you will see this. This photo is from Huntington Beach, CA.

Attachments

• USOS_HB_scene.JPG
    USOS_HB_scene.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 122

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
I'm so bored i'm downloading the GM version even though i don't plan on installing it

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
Okay, I've made the conclusion that Apple does not release new major updates until daylight hours because they want to make sure their IT department is fully staffed and prepared for any unexpected problems. Makes sense.

I found this from an earlier thread from the 2.0 release. It is Steve Jobs getting ready to pull the lever at Mission Control.
(currently, it is past Steve's bedtime. He is getting his rest for tomorrow)

Attachments

• iphone_03_2.JPG
    iphone_03_2.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 135

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
You should move to San Diego. It's a lot nicer. Start looking for a job down there. Monster.com , CareerBuilder.com, HotJobs, and so forth.

Here is what you are missing. In both Orange County and San Diego, on any summer weekend day, you will see this. This photo is from Huntington Beach, CA.

That looks really nice. But I can't move there currently...Definitely in the future.

I'm so bored i'm downloading the GM version even though i don't plan to install it

What's the GM version?

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
GM is Gold Master. It's what was released to the devs at WWDC last week. It's bascially the version that will be released to everyone today/tomorrow.

Unless Apple finds anything huge wrong with the GM thats what we'll get.

AlecJenx

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2008
Well it's been an hour.
So I think I'll call it a night.
The morning will come soon enough. : )

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 61

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
FWIW...O2 sent me this yesterday which would make release time roughly 10 am cupertino time

Attachments

• IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    48 KB · Views: 72

arian19

macrumors demi-god
Jul 9, 2008
You are chatting with D*** C, a MobileMe Support Representative
Hi, my name is D*** C. Welcome to Apple!
Arian: hello
D*** C: Hello, how are you?
Arian: good, my find my iphone feature is not working
D*** C: I do apologise but it has not been activated yet. It is my understanding that it will go online in another 5 hours or so
Arian: ohh ok, thanks
D*** C: You are welcome, is there anything else I can help you with?
Arian: nope
D*** C: Ok, have a great day and dont forget to fill out a survey ^_^
D*** C: Thank you for chatting with us. We value your feedback. Please click the blue "Close" button at top left to answer a few questions about your experience with me today.

This convo was 10 min ago

Mac?Daddy

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2008
Alberta
D*** C: I do apologise but it has not been activated yet. It is my understanding that it will go online in another 5 hours or so
D*** C: Thank you for chatting with us. We value your feedback. Please click the blue "Close" button at top left to answer a few questions about your experience with me today.

The five hours from now would match up pretty well with the hypothesized 6AM PST release time (Unless my conversion is off, which is fairly likely considering it's 2:15)

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan

I call BS. I have never been in a support chat where the CSR used any form of smilies/emoji.

EDIT: THE GIZMODO LINK IS A DOWNLOAD FOR THE 3GS, NOT THE 3G!!!!

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.