Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Goona

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Anyone using MMS on Fido. I've tried sending out an MMS to other phones but I am not recieving them, also tried recieving one from another phone and didn't get it. Anyone having these problems?

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
did u call fido to see if mms in included in your plan? I have 2 friends who said it just worked for them without calling in.
when you updated to 3.0, did u get a carrier update file too?

Goona

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
You need a plan in order to send MMS, what if I plan on sending 1 or 2 a month, why do I need a plan for that? You can't receive a text without a plan too?

I was able to get the carrier update.

Fido just text me saying I have to go on their site to view the text message.

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
You need a plan in order to send MMS, what if I plan on sending 1 or 2 a month, why do I need a plan for that? You can't receive a text without a plan too?

I was able to get the carrier update.

Fido just text me saying I have to go on their site to view the text message.

ok im with rogers so not sure what plan you have with fido in terms of texting etc.
you have to call and check with them.

generationxwing

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2005
Calgary
Without a plan on Fido, each MMS is 50c to send, free to receive. They have a $5/month plan for 100 MMS'.

Oh, and tethering now works with them. I'm doing it now!

Pants Dragon

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2006
I checked here for a thread on this earlier and didn't find one so I called Fido. Apparently MMS and tethering aren't officially available until the 19th. So I'm hoping it'll work then. From the site, it doesn't sound like you need a plan, since it says "$0.50 per MMS sent, or get 100 a month for $5.00."

Anybody know exactly what the carrier update did?

generationxwing

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2005
Calgary
I checked here for a thread on this earlier and didn't find one so I called Fido. Apparently MMS and tethering aren't officially available until the 19th. So I'm hoping it'll work then. From the site, it doesn't sound like you need a plan, since it says "$0.50 per MMS sent, or get 100 a month for $5.00."

Anybody know exactly what the carrier update did?

They've been working for me for about 2 hours now. I also answered the question about MMS pricing above. Did you read the thread?

mumbino

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2009
I'm on the 3.0 GM and I didn't get a carrier update which i think is preventing me from sending MMS - was working fine before that and before the official launch. Is anyone able to upload the new fido ipcc file to the net for me? Fido is useless and has no idea what I'm talking about. I've talked to three tech reps.

cherpintow

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2009
You don't need an MMS plan to send or receive MMS messages with the Iphone. It uses the data from your data plan.

My MMS still doesn't work, I've called Fido 3 times now. I've tried not accepting carrier settings, I've tried downloading carrier settings. I've restored to a backup. I've restored as a new phone. Nothing works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.