Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deuceap610

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2007
Hey everyone,

I updated the OS on my 1st Gen iPod touch to 3.0 and was wondering:
1) Can I now use bluetooth headphones with it?
2) Would I still need to use a bluetooth adapter?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
MK

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Yes, you'll still need a bluetooth dock port adapter with a first gen Touch.

THIS is a decent one, and not very expensive.

4D

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Since the recommended BT adapter is OOS at Buy.com, anyone else have any recommendations? There is a Sony one at Amazon, but it is fairly pricey to just grab ...

Trikster

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2008
Anyone else having problems with the stereo BT, bith myself (2nd Gen iPod) and colleague (iPhone 3G) have upgrated to v3 and the BT drops when the screen goes black.. really crappy...

tntmac fans7

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA.
iPod touch First Gen - Peer-to-Peer gaming with Bluetooth Adapter

Howdy, everyone!
I've been experimenting in my mind about peer-to-peer gaming on the first generation iPod touch with a Bluetooth adapter. Peer-to-Peer does work with WiFi networks on the first Gen iPod touch, but that's no fun where there aren't any WiFi networks around.

So, I've been wondering. Does anyone know if a Bluetooth adapter for the iPod would detect another iPod/iPhone using Bluetooth peer-to-peer gaming? Or is it limited to stereo/wireless headphones.

I know that the iPod touch 2nd Gen and the iPhone 3G/s get an added preference pane in Settings, that allows you to turn Bluetooth on and off. Would the first generation iPod touch/iPhone suddenly have that pane?

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone responds. It will save me spending money on a couple Bluetooth adapters that might be of no use to me. I might make my own post in case people have abandoned this one.
Thanks!

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Right now the 1st gen touch isn't smart enough to know what you have plugged into the dock port. As far as it knows a bluetooth adapter there is just another speaker dock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.