Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue&whiteman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
I have looked high and low on the net for some good japanese blossom tree pics and have found none worth even saving to disk.

if anyone has any please post them here or if they are large files (I prefer large high res ones) just msg me here and I will give you my email.

my preference is for pics that show several trees but pics with just one or 2 are great also.

bonsai pictures are very welcome also as they too are hard to find. good ones anyway.

i'm a buddhist with a passion for nature and the world around me. I must have these as they are both the most beautiful trees ever.

thanks

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
I happened to be walking downtown yesterday, so I brought my camera with me. Here's some more pictures.

Do you mean cherry blossom tea? I've had that before, but I didn't really like it. I have taken to green tea though, which is something I hated before living here.

blue&whiteman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
great job on those new pics. I saved all of them to disk :)

speaking of asian teas. one of my favorites is black rose tea. try it if you have not yet.

blue&whiteman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
edit: site down. will post new address when he finds a new home for it.

a longtime internet friend of mine has a great website I think you guys will like. his talent is amazing.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
5300cs said:
I happened to be walking downtown yesterday, so I brought my camera with me. Here's some more pictures.

Do you mean cherry blossom tea? I've had that before, but I didn't really like it. I have taken to green tea though, which is something I hated before living here.

Yes, cherry blossom tea. I suppose you don't like pickled, salty plums either. :D

The only thing I can truly dislike about Japanese food is tako yaki--the battered and deep fried octopus. Usually, you don't get much octopus anyway, at least, from the street vendors.

Nice photos. :)

blue&whiteman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
my new dt

this one makes a great dtp. thanks again!

Attachments

• Picture-1.jpg
    Picture-1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 491

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Bosozoku> Yeah, I'm all set with umeboshi, thanks anyway. And takoyaki was OK until one morning I was eating it and a tentacle piece fell out onto my plate. Since that day, I won't go near it anymore :(

blue&whiteman> You're welcome.
It's funny, I was meaning to go out and take pictures last week, but never got around to it. Yesterday it was supposed to rain, which meant all the blossoms would be washed away. When I woke up yesterday morning, it was nice and sunny out, so I took it as a sign to get off my behind and get going.

chelka-poo

macrumors newbie
5300cs-- when you take some more pics i'd love to see them
would you mind if i painted some?
^_^
thanks!

blue&whiteman-- i'm greatly looking into the buddhist religion and finding that i like it more and more! i stopped by the new temple they built near my house, and the monk there gave me some books
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.