Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macfan76

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004

This one I took in New York. Modified in Photoshop.

This thing I found in my backyard. I liked the focus.

Also in New York in my grandmothers backyard. With my brother.

Mmmm... Indian Corn.

This is an interesting one I took of champagne on the living room table. I used Glowing Edges in Photoshop.
Kings_Set_II.jpg

I had a day off of school and I was bored. I really liked the way this turned out. I have translucent chess pieces and made them glow with a red light I had.

Peppers!

Valentines Day Roses. I call this one "send me a rose." :)

Hope you like them! :D

macfan76

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
edesignuk said:
Links don't seem to be working now though
Yeah, I get that too. I'm hosting them on my deviant art account. If that happens, just press refresh once and that should solve the problem.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
you have an excellent sense of composition and balance. that's fundamental. i like the taxi shot as well, and the peppers shot is clean enough to be stock photography, for sure. Is photography just a hobby or are you going career with it?

paul

macfan76

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
paulwhannel said:
you have an excellent sense of composition and balance. that's fundamental. i like the taxi shot as well, and the peppers shot is clean enough to be stock photography, for sure. Is photography just a hobby or are you going career with it?

paul
Wow, thank you so much. :D It really means a lot to me. I love photography as a hobby and I wish to become a professional Graphic Artist/Photographer one day. I am still in school and love taking pictures with my Nikon N65 and my digital camera. This summer I wish to find a job to do a little photography. Again, thank you for the compliments. I will post more up soon. Talk to you on the forums! :)

Brent NYC

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2004
Photoshop v. iPhoto

Hi.

Wonderful pics.

I just started taking pictures and printed out a bunch from iPhoto. The color seems to be inconsistent and b&w pics are not truly b&w (supposedly iPhoto doesn't limit the number of colors enough, and it shows up when printed).

Is there a reason why you chose Photoshop?

And what do you think of iPhoto?

macfan76

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Brent NYC said:
Hi.

Wonderful pics.

I just started taking pictures and printed out a bunch from iPhoto. The color seems to be inconsistent and b&w pics are not truly b&w (supposedly iPhoto doesn't limit the number of colors enough, and it shows up when printed).

Is there a reason why you chose Photoshop?

And what do you think of iPhoto?
Thanks. It's just that I am so comfortable with using Photoshop. I love iPhoto, though I just organize my photos in that program and edit them in Photoshop. When tweaking my photos there’s nothing else that compares to Photoshop. I feel iPhoto is somewhat limited in that perspective. Take your B&W situation, I know what you mean, all you have to do in Photoshop is to convert it into Grayscale. No problems. If you can get a hold of a Photoshop CD somewhere I would DEFINATLY suggest it for someone that is very interested in Photography. For the casual user the features in iPhoto do just fine.

macfan76

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
More :D :

I love this shot. I was so lucky, I found this dragonfly on top of a car antenna. I had like 3 seconds to take this shot.

Little bit of nature for ya. Dew Drops outside in my backyard.

Living in Florida, not so unusual. Taken by a local park lake.

My dog under the Christmas Tree. Ok here is goes, Awwwwh...
Kings_Set_III.jpg

More of those stinkin chess pieces...

PS: If you cant view the enlarged image, press refresh. Enjoy!

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
macfan76 said:
Yeah, I get that too. I'm hosting them on my deviant art account. If that happens, just press refresh once and that should solve the problem.

I still get the error. I tried to find it on the website but no luck. I would love to use that taxi picture on my desktop if you wouldn't mind. Any other to get the picture?

macfan76

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2004
Koodauw said:
I still get the error. I tried to find it on the website but no luck. I would love to use that taxi picture on my desktop if you wouldn't mind. Any other to get the picture?
I am sorry about that. I am in the process of uploading all of my pictures to my other site that's more reliable. For the meantime, I uploaded the full size Taxi Pic for you here. Oh and please use my picture for your wallpaper! I encourage it! Enjoy! :D :D

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
macfan76 said:
I am sorry about that. I am in the process of uploading all of my pictures to my other site that's more reliable. For the meantime, I uploaded the full size Taxi Pic for you here. Oh and please use my picture for your wallpaper! I encourage it! Enjoy! :D :D

Awesome dude. Thank you so much. You just made my day. Keep the pictures comin!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.