Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xaxidk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
My brother's iPod touch from 2007 has had a broken home button for the past few months, which is annoying, but he's been able to deal with it.

However, yesterday, something happened with his iPod, and now whenever he reboots it, the "connect to iTunes" icon shows up. Unfortunately, we're vacationing, and the only computer he has access to is my laptop, and my iTunes isn't synced to his iPod. This means that whenever I try to restore the iPod for him, it says something about iTunes not being able to connect until the passcode has been entered, which isn't possible, because the first thing that shows up is the "connect to iTunes" symbol.

To top it off, I can't reboot the Touch in DFU mode because the home button is broken.

So... help. Is there anything I can do for my brother, or is he stuck with a bricked Touch until we go home in a month?

xaxidk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
When you see the "connect to iTunes" screen, just plug it in. You don't have to put it into DFU mode, unless he jailbroke it. Did he? If no, just send it to Apple to get a free one :D

The problem is that when I plug it in, iTunes tells me I need to enter the passcode before the connection will work. And the iPod warranty already expired, so he can't trade it in.

xaxidk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
We know the passcode, but can't input it because of the "connect to iTunes" symbol.

CHANMH09

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2009
unfortunately...

its best if u guys connect to the apple expert if not it might be time for a new iPod. we had the same condition happen to our iPod but it came bacxk after multiple times of pressing the home and power button only thing is now all the APPS are completely gone.
go here and consult an expert: http://www.apple.com/support/expert/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.