Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KlausE

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2008
I gave up for now with my 2G.

Bought a Dension Gateway 100 - that should also work - especially since my new 3GS is not charged anymore by the Audi adapter.

- Klaus

mattP1983

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2009
denison

the denison will allow you to control the iphone 3gs through the stereo controls without locking out the interface?

jc1975

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2006
is there something we can maybe add or change in the Info.plist file instead of modifying the MobileMusicPlayer executable? I'm really missing having the artwork and control on my ipod thru my VW adapter :(

djcraze

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2007
is there something we can maybe add or change in the Info.plist file instead of modifying the MobileMusicPlayer executable? I'm really missing having the artwork and control on my ipod thru my VW adapter :(

I upgraded to the 3GS, when a jailbreak comes out for it, I will be sure to crack the MobileMusicPlayer.. Its pretty straight forward if you follow my steps I posted a few pages back... I would only assume the steps would remain the same for the 3.0.. I don't see the reason for apple to change certian lines of code to dramtically.

- edit -
also, for most people that have uploaded my MobileMusicPlayer file to their iPhone only to have it close upon launching.. let me guess, your not using a US iPhone... *hint*. MobileMusicPlayer is different from country to country. The ones I provided only work with US.

ElBrooklyn

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
Freakin' 3.0 + 3Gs

I have to agree with whoever said this hack was the best thing about jailbreaking. Now that there's video and Faces for speed dialing, I wouldn't even need to jailbreak if it wasn't for the stupid accessory splash screen.

Of course, now the hack no longer works with 3.0.

To make matters worse, I finally upgraded from 2G to 3Gs and now I've got no music control, no song info -- and no charging.

What would it take for apple to just give us a GUI at the splash screen that says "disconnect" so we could just operate like normal.

I feel like an iPod pariah. I'm thinking of taking KlausE's tip and just buying a new Dension/DICE/whatever just so the damn thing'll work.

I HATE having to jaibreak every time there's a new OS update, just so I can see what's playing on the freakin' phone! It's ridiculous that I'm going to keep my old 2G around (broken screen and all) just to play music on it.

Harrumph.

Rant over.

jc1975

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2006
If your newer iPod doesn't charge with older adapters....

To make matters worse, I finally upgraded from 2G to 3Gs and now I've got no music control, no song info -- and no charging.

Try either the Scosche Passport or Griffin Technology's Charge Converter to address your charging issue. Apple changed how the newer iPhone/iPods charge when they dropped Firewire support for those models completely. I've got a Converter from Griffin, and it works great with my VW iPod Adapter.

Griffin Technology Charge Converter

Scosche Passport

I just remove it when I use my ancient 40gb 3rd Gen iPod.

blackrain

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
Can't find mobilemusicplayer on iPOD 120gb

So I tried following the direcitons below and could not find the file MobileMusicPlayer. I am trying to remove the accessory mode lock out on my iPOD 120gb with 2.0 software. HELP please.

1. get a hex editor (for example HexEdit for MacOSX)
2. copy the executable MobileMusicPlayer from /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/ to your computer
3. enable "Options - Overwrite Mode" when using HexEdit
4. search for string _initializeSplashScreen and replace it with _tearDownSplashScreen (add 00 00 at the end to compensate for the different string lengths).
5. search for string _suspendMainUI and replace it with _resumeMainUI
6. save
7. replace "MobileMusicPlayer" in "/Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app" with your patched file

jc1975

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2006
So I tried following the direcitons below and could not find the file MobileMusicPlayer. I am trying to remove the accessory mode lock out on my iPOD 120gb with 2.0 software. HELP please.

These instructions were for devices running the iPhone OS prior to 3.0. iPhone/iPod touch. :( Sorry

chrisvanhorn

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
Kalamazoo, MI
These instructions were for devices running the iPhone OS prior to 3.0. iPhone/iPod touch. :( Sorry

Would those instructions still apply to the iPod part of my iPhone in 3.0?

I have an Alpine-iDAX303 Head Unit in my car and it integrates any ipod directly into the display. However, I really miss using my stock AUX port in my F150 and no longer have acsess to it so i'm forced to stare at the *ACCSESSORY ATTACHED* screen whenever I plug it in.

Pre-3.0 I used to be able to simply force quit the iPod app after plugging it in and it would allow me to then use the iPod as normal. This is a solution to anyone out there who hasn't yet updated to 3.0 (probably nobody). However, this no longer works in 3.0.

If anyone can help me out here, I would appreciate it so much.

jc1975

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2006
Would those instructions still apply to the iPod part of my iPhone in 3.0?

not anymore. I'm sure there are more than a few of us trying to figure this out. I feel like I've tried everything.

This was the single best thing I loved about jailbreaking prior to 3.0. Figured it would be just as simple to hack as it was previously. Hoping the same great minds that were able to figure this hack out in first place can do so again. :)

jc1975

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2006
Feedback

Not that it will do any good, but maybe if enough people asked Apple to stop locking out the iPod Touches and iPhones with that silly Accessory Connected screen, it could be changed in future versions of the iPhone OS.

I mean seriously, who wants to be driving around with their device showing that lame Accessory Connected screen. (I had to change the IAP-lock-graphic.png to a VW logo in meantime) Apple gave us these nice Touch screens, let us see all that track info and album art!

I honestly don't think I'd bother jailbreaking my iPod if this was changed in the OS. Only thing I really care bout is control of iPod or at very minimal, the ability to at least see track info and art. I shouldn't have to change something that shouldn't be locked out in first place.

Feedback for iPod Touch

Feedback for iPhone

KlausE

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2008
Dension 100

Just tested the Dension 100 16xxx in my Audi A3 with the IPhone 3GS. Works perfectly, i.e. full access to IPod Interface, IPhone is charged and no stupid splash screen is displayed. Navigon command can be heard through the car speakers, at least as long as Music is played. Phone does not play through car speakers though, but that did not work with the hack either.

- Klaus

activea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2008
MobileMusicPlayer is Back again... for iPhone OS 3.0!

MobileMusicPlayer is Back! :apple:

First of all i want to thank KlausE for his earlier email which helped me pass a number of issues!
Now.. Fire up your hex editor and do replace the heximal values (the numbers on the left) referring to the following words, with zeros !!!:

wantsSplashView
hideSplashView
showSplashView
setSplashViewImage:
exitPlayerForAccessorySplash
_accessorySplashViewWillAppearNotification:
AccessorySplashViewWillAppearNotification
splashViewImage
_splashView

Copy MobileMusicPlayer file back to your iPhone OS 3.0 and no more trouble$
It took me 3 hours and a lot of luck...

(ps. use SysInfoPlus from Cydia in order to kill the MobileMusicPlayer proccess)

This hack is tested @ my iphone 2G.. with OS 3.0 but it should work for the iPhone 3G and 3GS too..

Always keep backups of the original file MobileMusicPlayer .

I do not take any responsibility for any problems you might encounter!

Good Luck :)

No success yet with 3.0 because Symbols changed.

Steps:
- Installed Aptitude with Cydia
- Installed openssh with Cydia
- copied MobileMusicPlayer to Mac:
scp root@IPHONE_IP:/Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/MobileMusicPlayer .
- used HexEdit to change showSplashView to hideSplashView
- copied MobileMusicPlayer back to IPhone:
scp MobileMusicPlayer root@IPHONE_IP:/Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/
- ssh root@IPHONE_IP
- Code signed:
apt-get install ldid
ldid -S /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/MobileMusicPlayer
- Rebooted
- No success

Anyone has time to try out replacing some other Symbol names ?

PS: If ldid gets killed use
sysctl -w security.mac.proc_enforce=0 security.mac.vnode_enforce=0

jc1975

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2006
Just tested it and it works perfect on iPod Touch 2g running iPhoneOS 3.0. No crashes...spotlight still works...etc.. Nice job. Glad to have this hack back and working :)

ElBrooklyn

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
Dension Gateway 100

Hey, KlausE. Two questions about the Dension:

1. What was the exact model? I found a GW16VW1.

2. Can you still change tracks with the steering wheel or head unit?

I found this (a BlitzSafe) at Enfig for just $70. If it'll work, I figure that's the way to go, since the charge coverter's going to cost $30, anyway. Might as well spend an extra $40 and stop jailbreaking.

http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/VW_MLINK1_5.html

Thanks.

lilfellabob

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2008
activea just wanting to say thanks very much. also to klause, you guys have obviously spent hours on this and its awesome work (Y).

bob

bullware

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2009
ok, so i followed the 3.0 HEX edit and when i try to load the app, it crashes immediately. Can somebody either post a 3.0 mobilemusicplayer.app that is patched or help me fix this issue. Like many others this was by far the most used feature on my iphone 3g before the 3.0 upgrade. thanks in advance

activea

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2008
yea mine appeared to have worked but now is crashing too.. a link would be very helpful

:apple: If your hacked MobileMusicPlayer app used to work but now is crashing.. please do the following steps...

After copying the hacked MobileMusicPlayer app to your iphone..don't forget to run:

If ldid gets killed use...
and then run again ..

then reboot your iPhone.. (or kill the MobileMusicPlayer app if it's open- use SysInfoPlus from Cydia to kill the MobileMusicPlayer proccess) and try again to open the hacked app..

lilfellabob

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2008
:apple: If your hacked MobileMusicPlayer app used to work but now is crashing.. please do the following steps...

After copying the hacked MobileMusicPlayer app to your iphone..don't forget to run:

If ldid gets killed use...
and then run again ..

then reboot your iPhone.. (or kill the MobileMusicPlayer app if it's open- use SysInfoPlus from Cydia to kill the MobileMusicPlayer proccess) and try again to open the hacked app..

Hmm thanks. tried and got some errors. am i supposed to running this on terminal on the ipod?
ill attatch my commands and mobilemusicplayer

Attachments

• IMG_0004.png
    IMG_0004.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0005.png
    IMG_0005.png
    74.3 KB · Views: 172

KlausE

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2008
You have to be 'root' to enter those commands. If you use MobileTerminal you are usually user 'mobile'. Enter 'whoami' to prompt who you are.

Enter 'su root' with password 'alpine' to change user to 'root' and then enter the commands again.

- Klaus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.