Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TapOut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Erie, PA
ok first you just need to go to the website on you computer and sign up for a free seven day trial.. all you have to enter is a name(which can be fake) and an email adress..

so i have done this 2 times now.. ( i have a few email adresses )

i signed up for 7days with one email..it expired and then i used a different email and its working all over again..

and it asks for your phone number But you dont have to put it in .. its not a required field

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If I were not a subscriber of XM already I would not mind paying $3.00 a month. However, since I am an XM subscriber it is crock that they would charge subscribers an additional $3.00 to bring their already super compressed audio service to our portable devices.

As for the OP ... eventually it'll get tiresome having to re-register each time.

DEAN616

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2008
ok first you just need to go to the website on you computer and sign up for a free seven day trial.. all you have to enter is a name(which can be fake) and an email adress..

i signed up for 7days with one email..it expired and then i used a different email and its working all over again..

and it asks for your phone number But you dont have to put it in .. its not a required field

Thanks tapout. I appreciated it. Tired of all these companies squeezing every little penny out of you. They said the price will go down when they merged not go up. Screw sirius xm.

aidricksdad

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2008
Round Rock
they could have charged for the app or maybe they just give everything away for free and go bankrupt....

for a company already in finaancial trouble they had to come up with something to boost them up i dont think they are making a killing with the $3 thing but at least more people will start to use them

abz786

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2007
Alberta, Canada
if only this app was able to run in the background like the "iPod", then i would see my self paying the $3/month.

But right now, i don't think i will even think about paying anyone anything!

aidricksdad

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2008
Round Rock
the $3 is acually for listening online wich is what the iphone is doing i added it a month ago cuz i listen on my home computer

TapOut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Erie, PA
ok for one i have a job that i work fulltime..

for two if it was only 3$ i wouldnt mind paying but its 12.99$ soo its not really tiresome to create a new email which takes about 3 min then register online.. i will do that till they take it away ..

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
ok for one i have a job that i work fulltime..

for two if it was only 3$ i wouldnt mind paying but its 12.99$ soo its not really tiresome to create a new email which takes about 3 min then register online.. i will do that till they take it away ..

You are a thief. Don't try to rationalize it. You are stealing. In life, sometimes there are things you can't afford. If so, you go without. You don't steal it and make excuses about how if only it was priced right you wouldn't have to steal it.

Thief.

medicrx

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2009
As an XM subscriber with 2 radio's for almost 5 years, I can tell you that the internet service was free to subscribers up until March of this year. It's complete BS if you ask me. Further, more than half of the channels now have commercials. Some in excess of 10 mins of commercials at a time. It is really annoying and I am canceling my service. Why do I pay almost $300 a year to listen to commercials? If I want to listen to commercials I will listen to terrestrial radio for free.
IMO, skip this app and the monthly charge.

JD914

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
Dutchess County NY

That's a ridiculous suggestion. Please read more and post less :rolleyes:

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
As an XM subscriber with 2 radio's for almost 5 years, I can tell you that the internet service was free to subscribers up until March of this year. It's complete BS if you ask me. Further, more than half of the channels now have commercials. Some in excess of 10 mins of commercials at a time. It is really annoying and I am canceling my service. Why do I pay almost $300 a year to listen to commercials? If I want to listen to commercials I will listen to terrestrial radio for free.

Have fun calling and canceling. I did that a month or so ago and the guy spent 15 minutes trying to convince me to not leave. It was pathetic, I kept saying no but they kept pushing.

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
Maybe if everyone does this, then satellite radio will continue down the road to bankruptcy and then nobody will be able to use it when they stop broadcasting.

The idea that it's some big company gouging people and making obscene profits is absurd.

TapOut

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Erie, PA
Maybe if everyone does this, then satellite radio will continue down the road to bankruptcy and then nobody will be able to use it when they stop broadcasting.

The idea that it's some big company gouging people and making obscene profits is absurd.

whats absurd is that you think that 20-30 who do this will bankrupt a major company..

its really not a big deal.. now if the hundreds of thousands of subscribers do this. and every single person who has an iphone does this then maybe .. but to suggest that a few dozen people on a messageboard will cause a multimillion dollar company to go down the drain is a bit unrealistic..

superxero3

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
whats absurd is that you think that 20-30 who do this will bankrupt a major company..

its really not a big deal.. now if the hundreds of thousands of subscribers do this. and every single person who has an iphone does this then maybe .. but to suggest that a few dozen people on a messageboard will cause a multimillion dollar company to go down the drain is a bit unrealistic..

1 person or 1000 people.. it's still wrong.

cenetti

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
I did sign up for trial and used it all day today. Sounds like someone's farting. terrible sound quality. I listen to slacker/lastfm all the time in the car. I am used to good quality sound.

I wouldn't even pay a cent to their service, am/fm quality broadcast.
Also I used to be a fan of XM BPM, what the fk happened to that channel ?
Lame LAMMMMME

there are so many FREE/ better quality alternatives out there. Not worth a penny in my book....
bah!

Xtgirl

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
I wish their internet service was not so crazy expensive....

Does anyone know if you can be listening on your car installed unit and the internet at the same time.....so two people in the family using the subscription at once?

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007

You are paying $300?!?!? I'm on my 3rd year at $77. I wouldn't pay any more than that, especially with iPod integration in cars getting better all the time.

And yeah, I used to listen to XM on the computer at work until March when they started charging. Pandora does the same thing for free, so forget that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.