Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SLR2009

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
Hey guys, what's the best solitaire game for the mac? I only play klondike. I would like it to be quite functional, fun, and have a nice UI, similar to Windows Vista's Solitaire. I'm willing to pay if it meets my expectations. Any Solitaire for the mac that's as good as Windows Vista's? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Sembiance

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2010
Boston, USA
Hey guys, what's the best solitaire game for the mac? I only play klondike. I would like it to be quite functional, fun, and have a nice UI, similar to Windows Vista's Solitaire. I'm willing to pay if it meets my expectations. Any Solitaire for the mac that's as good as Windows Vista's? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I think you'll find that World of Solitaire (http://worldofsolitaire.com) meets all your criteria.

It works great on the Mac and is 100% free.

It has beautiful full screen layouts including large playing cards.

There are multiple decks, you can change the background, it keeps track of statistics, allows you to undo moves and more.

It has both the 'Turn 1' and 'Turn 3' versions of Klondike.

Dirtyharry50

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2012
I love Full Deck Solitaire which is available for free on the Mac App Store. It occasionally pops a small dialog at startup asking if you want to buy added games for it but one click and it's gone. Otherwise, the game is entirely free and it looks really nice, has a fun ending screen when you win and nice convenient UI for moving the cards around with ease. I never bothered to look elsewhere after finding this one because it seems pretty much perfect to me. The cards are really nice looking too. Pretty darn nice for a free game. At some point I really should pay for the added games, not because I want them actually but simply because this app is really nice and I have had many hours of fun playing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.