Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

couto27

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
lisboa,portugal
hi all,
my dad has a small business , and now our goverment as implement a new law that all the contracts with goverment should be achive in internet. http://www.compraspublicas.com

required
1- certificate digital for projects vba
2-latest java 6
3-use windwos ,mac , or linux
4-digital signature

the problem
the goverment website send by email a id and a password for download the certificate digital vba for install in a computer and create a personnel certificate , so that when we acess the website it would recognize the certificate and the connection would be encrypted.

but is not working on a mac osx tiger , or leopard .
it appers a red x insted of java running

solucions i try

1- install the digital certificate vba in a windows machine and create the personnel certificate in windows and it works.

i copy de personnel certificate copy to mac and install it in the keychain

2- i try different java versions leopard or tiger
3- i try reinstall my leopard and try it with diferent versions of leopard and java versions
4- i try contact website for support , they dont no whats the cause, they are investigating
5- i try contact 1-800-my-apple in usa the anser was to try diferrent browsers
6- i try all the browsers i now for mac the problem remains

my question for all ??

1- the problem is the goverment server is only compatible with windows machines?

2- the problem is the safari is a 32 bits browser and java 6 is 64 bits ?

3-there are any 64 bits browser for mac ( i already try browser64 not working) ????

thanks all.

lazydog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2005
Cramlington, UK
I don't know what is wrong, but have you tried setting the version of Java for Applets? You can set various Java options, including specifying Java 6 64 bit for applets, by running Java Preferences in Utilities.

ß e n

Guiyon

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Try opening the site with Firefox then attaching the file "~/Library/Logs/Java Console.log" to this thread (where '~' is the path of your home directory).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.