Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
I just got my iPhone 3GS tonight. My friend and I tested out the text messaging. The messages I sent her were almost instantly received on her end. She, in turn, sent me messages but I received none of them. She tried several times to send me messages. Is there something wrong with my phone?

jmango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Oh, and my camera has a greenish tinge to it. I'm indoors, though. Could that be the issue?

Roosterfosho

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
Try turning on and off your phone. If that doesn't work you can try making a phone call, back when I had verizon and I wasn't receiving my text messages I would make a phone call and they would come through. If those two fail you could always try restoring your iPhone and if none of the above work go to the apple store.

jmango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Ok, thanks. And could it be due to the fact that I just got my number ported from Verizon tonight, as well?

Roosterfosho

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2009
Ok, thanks. And could it be due to the fact that I just got my number ported from Verizon tonight, as well?

This may be the cause, I ported my number from Verizon a few nights ago and I had no trouble, but it if you try all those and you have no success it is probably a hardware problem.

compg318

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2008
If your number was recently ported from another carrier there is usually a time period where texts/calls etc won't come through correctly. My expirence had me reciving calls on my old phone and could only make calls on my iPhone

was normal in an hour or two .

jmango

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Ok, thanks. I got my phone activated about 4 hours ago and I receive calls fine and everything. It's just my outgoing texts that have an issue. If it's not normal by tomorrow, I'll call AT&T.

deliriousfenk

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2009
I had the same problem with texts the first day I got my 3GS. Ported my number from Verizon too. Should be fine by tomorrow

imsohappy

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
Waaahhh

ohmygod rooster. i was just about in tears until THANK GODDDD you had this little tip on here! you, my friend, have made my day. IMSOHAPPY! as you can tell ^^. lolol. anyways. i made a phonecall to my bff jill and everythings okay now. :) if it wasnt for you, i probably wouldve curled up in a ball and cried myself to sleep. but no, no no no, you saved the day! now im just as snug as a bug in a rug. i can recieve messages from my booboo and his cousin! theyre happy as well, they missed me, oh wait! i havent got a message in a few minutes. brb.... YOU LIAR!!!!! IT DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.