Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

214022-skateboard_500.png

Following close on the heels of the two new iPhone 3GS commercials released yesterday, Apple has posted another new ad, entitled 'Skateboard', to its ad gallery. The new commercial focuses on several of the video features of the iPhone 3GS, demonstrating shooting, editing, and sharing via e-mail.

Article Link: New iPhone 3GS Ad: 'Skateboard'

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
I liked this better than the other 2 especially the copy and paste one. They glorify the feature as if it's an innovation. Sometimes you can't copy individual words from blocks of text in Safari without the the selection box jumping around.

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
Pretty cool commercial. :)

I was about to say "a nice change from the creepy hand models," but then I realized the creepy hand model is still in this commercial. And he still does that thing where he turns the phone around at the beginning like it's some type of "trick" or something. haha. "Oh yeah, you can kick flip on your skateboard, but look at this trick I can do with my iPhone. Look at the style points!" lmao

(I'm still waiting for an iPhone commercial that does not have the hand model but instead has "cool" people or a celebrity actually using the phone. Maybe some teenagers talking about how cool their iPhones are or something)

xIGmanIx

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
I liked this better than the other 2 especially the copy and paste one. They glorify the feature as if it's an innovation. Sometimes you can't copy individual words from blocks of text in Safari without the the selection box jumping around.

ha! I said that on another thread and got attacked!! For something that was "in the works" for two years, it could have executed a little better, but here is to hoping it gets fixed before iPhone 4G:eek:

xIGmanIx

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
They must be using the 3GS-XT, with zero loading time or transitions.

ha!! Didn't Apple face some flak in Europe for this for portraying unrealistic demonstrations of the software? I remember when the 3G came out with the whole maps and such that was the big issue. My 3G just seems to stick for no apparent reason and has required quite frequent hard resets.

meelash

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
(I'm still waiting for an iPhone commercial that does not have the hand model but instead has "cool" people or a celebrity actually using the phone. Maybe some teenagers talking about how cool their iPhones are or something)

Dear God, thank you for not putting this person in charge of :apple: Marketing.

meelash

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
ha!! Didn't Apple face some flak in Europe for this for portraying unrealistic demonstrations of the software? I remember when the 3G came out with the whole maps and such that was the big issue. My 3G just seems to stick for no apparent reason and has required quite frequent hard resets.

ha!!!

oh, and did I mention:

ha!!!!

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
would have been better if it was used to cover up a massive blunder after some crazy trick to seem like they had no mistake.

xIGmanIx

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
Also, its not video editing, its video trimming. I can't take credit for that, someone else said it on another thread.:D

joro

macrumors 68020
Jun 11, 2009
Virginia
Apparently they listened to everyone here at MR about the silly voice control and copy & past ads...:rolleyes:

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
They must be using the 3GS-XT, with zero loading time or transitions.
lol, yeah. this would take like 5 minutes to do on a real iPhone.
Another thing -- editing video with 3G and bluetooth on...the battery would die before the end of the commercial :p

ipoppy

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2006
UK
What is wrong with this statement on the end of that add:
AT&T
The nation's fastest 3G network​

and then:

3G not available in all areas

I don't know but thats make me laugh. The same way as people where laughing on keynote speech few weeks ago about AT&T and their MMS service etc.:D

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
Music?

Whos is the song by in the commercial? I tried to Shazam it but it wouldn't recognize it. Do you think they actually wrote this one? It's pretty basic.

Sonicjay

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
Unbelievably simple usability. That's what they're really advertising here.

That's a good point. Yesterday, my family and I were on a road trip; I was using my 3Gs to navigate, and at a red light, looked in the car next to us, and saw an older couple, probably in their 70's. The woman was holding up her iphone, swiping and tapping away.

Geezle

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2003
Skateboarding a reference to Sony Walkman

The video being of a skateboarder couldn't be accidental.

When Sony first debuted the Walkman (which happens to be 30 years ago this week) it was shown off by a skateboarder to illustrate how it allowed you to listen to music on the go.

Apple is clearly trying to tie in the advent of mobile video editing with the advent of of mobile music.

rexvstee

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2009
just wondering how the hell are they recording that video with the camera lens covered up by the hand... bad form apple bad form....

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Also, its not video editing, its video trimming. I can't take credit for that, someone else said it on another thread.:D

I wouldn't want to take credit for such misstatement.

What do you call trimming a video if not editing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.