Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

futurase

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Fayetteville, AR
Eye TV works just fine, but for some reason has started opening at startup and "Open At Login" is not clicked and it just started doing this. Every time the computer is rebooted it opens and starts up and starts playing for some reason.

How can I stop this?

Thanks,

Norman Ross Jr.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Do you have it unchecked in the start up items list or did you removed it (by clicking the application and then the [-])?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Check under System Preferences -> Accounts -> (your account) -> Login Items

See if it is listed there for some reason

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

futurase

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Fayetteville, AR
The first thing I checked is the "Open at login" on the icon on the dock for Eye TV. It is not checked. There is nothing to do with Eye TV in my Login Items either.

Don't know what is causing it to open and run and can't seem to stop it.

Norman Ross Jr.

don22b

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
open at login

go to sys prefs ...to accounts...then select admin...then select login items.....then select app and hit the minus (delete)

futurase

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Fayetteville, AR
Did that. All it has is three items. My Logitech Mouse App, Eye TV Helper and iTunes Helper. It has always been there. In fact if I remove the Eye TV helper and reboot it comes right back. Can't get rid of it. I don't think that is the solution since it has always been there and it didn't launch upon boot up.

For some reason I can't stop this program from booting after startup.

Norman Ross Jr.

futurase

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Fayetteville, AR
That does not mean for it to play upon booting up it means for it to open a viewing window automatically after the program is launched.

It has no control on whether the program loaded right after boot up.

Norman Ross Jr.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
That does not mean for it to play upon booting up it means for it to open a viewing window automatically after the program is launched.

It has no control on whether the program loaded right after boot up.

Norman Ross Jr.

Not true.

what happens when OSX boots up is it probes all ports. USB etc.When OSX sees a device connected via USB the EyeTV helper app starts the app up unless you have de-selected it.

Same thing if you have a thumbdrive connected via USB on start up. OSX sees it and mounts it. Same with the Elgato device. And if the Elgato device is probed the helper app open the program unless it is set to not open at start up..

I know because I have had it that way for 3 years with no problems.

Just try it. Whats it gonna do ? destroy your Mac ?

futurase

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
Fayetteville, AR
I have had EyeTV for months now and upon boot the program did not launch and it does now. Period. If I click the deal in Eye TV preferences the program still launches, it just does not open a window for viewing.

No solution. Not trying to be mean, it just does not solve the problem.

Norman Ross Jr.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I'm not talking about "open a window at start up.

Look at the pic. I'm talking about "start Eyetv when a device is plugged in".

You have been given the solution. Can't help ya anymore.Sorry.

sylvest100

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2010
Peace's solution works perfectly, thank the lord! I've been trying to stop EyeTV opening at start-up for months.

jdryyz

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2007
I have the opposite problem. Ever since doing a fresh Mountain Lion install on my 2009 Mac Mini, I am unable to get the Eye TV app to respond to the "start when plugged in" setting. I want EyeTV to start when the Mac starts up. I noticed the EyeTV Helper app is not part of my login items. I used spotlight to search for it and came up with nothing.

Incidentally, a copy of the latest EyeTV software (3.5.6) was installed after Mountain Lion was.

Are there any remaining issues with EyeTV and Mountain Lion that aren't resolved at this time?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.