Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAppleONE

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Hi,

Anyone here know how to change the login screen background wallpaper (ie. purple aurora)?

Thanks!

Shake 'n' Bake

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2009
Albany
I've seen people bring up this app before but I am personally very skeptical.

This app is 100x bigger than it needs to be and it requires admin rights. :confused:

You're right on the size thing, but it requires an admin password because it changes a setting that is at a lower level than most other UI stuff (I think).

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
open /System/Library/CoreServices/ and change DefaultDesktop.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 69

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
You're right on the size thing, but it requires an admin password because it changes a setting that is at a lower level than most other UI stuff (I think).

That's what I mean. The basic function of this app is changing something that requires admin rights. Between the two things - providing the app admin rights and the app being incredibly big for what is ostensibly a VERY simple operation - I have to wonder what else this app does.

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
That's what I mean. The basic function of this app is changing something that requires admin rights. Between the two things - providing the app admin rights and the app being incredibly big for what is ostensibly a VERY simple operation - I have to wonder what else is going on, I have to wonder what else this app does.

Don't use it. Change the picture yourself manually.

techfreak85

macrumors 68040
Jan 13, 2008
Places
King Yaba, what is that pic ur using? It looks kinda cool from the 64px preview i can see.:p
would u mind posing it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.