Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

y2knp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Im now trying to jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3g. But i got this error message "The SIM card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported" after having my iphone restored. My iphone is lock by Fido(Canada), but i don't have that original sim card with me. What should i do to update my iphone to 3.0 ,get my my back-up files back and have it jailbroken by redsn0w?
thx so much

giulianoaugusto

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Buying the phone with At&t and cancel or buy it without a contact?

what firmware are you currently running? you should be able to JB with no sim card...or just insert any sim just to try it

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Im now trying to jailbreak and unlock my iphone 3g. But i got this error message "The SIM card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported" after having my iphone restored. My iphone is lock by Fido(Canada), but i don't have that original sim card with me. What should i do to update my iphone to 3.0 ,get my my back-up files back and have it jailbroken by redsn0w?
thx so much

Put the phone into DFU mode to upgrade to 3.0 in iTunes

Shut iTunes, put the phone back in DFU and run RedSn0w

Unlock with UltraSn0w

diroccs

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2009
help

my friend gave me his first gen iphone, he got the new one. AT&T wants a butt load of money for a deposit for me to open an account. What are my options people? they ATT guy put a sim in it, and the main screen says all i can do is make an emergency phone call, my friend wiped the phone off before he gave it to me. any suggestions. I am currently a Sprint customer

y2knp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
ok, i am now able to jailbreak the iphone, but i get another problem. My iphone was not able to receive incoming calls sometimes when it was jailbroke by using pwnage 3.0. Like i need to make couple out calls in order to get my incoming calls successfully, after awhile, the incoming call function not in order again. How should I fix that problem? thx

y2knp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
How did you do the unlock? Which network are you now on?

My iphone works perfectly now if i don't sync it with my itune. But if i did sync it with itune for my backup, then the problem exists. I am wondering if there is any virus in the songs I downloaded or the applications i downloaded from Apple store are not compatible with the ultrasnow or redsnow. Any idea?

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Rather than synching from backup then, it would be best to reload things one by one and see if the problem re-occurs. If it does you'll get a better idea of the cause.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.