Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ccgccg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Hi,

I was on the internet and I think just after I was on Google Maps or Facebook, my Mac started saying everything I do. It now repeating every letter I type. Annoying. It states everything I am doing. Such as "opening pages." There is also a strange box border that is following my cursor around, sometimes it is in the box i am filling and sometimes it is in a random spot. What the heck have I done?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

(and yes I did turn off the volume)

-tWv-

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2009
Ohio
Is Voice Over activated? This can be found in system preferences -->universal access.

isaaclimdc

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Your VoiceOver in Universal Access is turned on.

This reminds me of:

"Hi, I'm Macintosh. It sure is great to get out of that bag.... [sic] never trust a computer you cannot lift!"

ccgccg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
thanks, that was creepy. I appreciate your help and so quickly.

bert01

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2009
Its Speech is probably on, aww funny. I made my mac talk with commands except it needs more work. Kinda slow to respond.

gatepc

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Pittsburgh PA
Hi,

I was on the internet and I think just after I was on Google Maps or Facebook, my Mac started saying everything I do. It now repeating every letter I type. Annoying. It states everything I am doing. Such as "opening pages." There is also a strange box border that is following my cursor around, sometimes it is in the box i am filling and sometimes it is in a random spot. What the heck have I done?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

(and yes I did turn off the volume)

You must have psychosis don't feel bad I have it too :) oh wait.... universal access never mind ....

... the sad part is I am not jking about the psychosis part ....

iWoz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2009
East Midlands, U.K
Haha.. I have my mac set to tell me the time, Because Im lazy :) and because I can!! I've also set mine to say Welcome Back Warren when I switch it on.. Makes me feel wanted :cool: (sad I know)

Although Im probably going to get rid of it as it gets annoying after a while

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.