Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ineedamac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
So I am enjoying cut/copy/paste. Once I have copied something and pasted it I'd like to be able to erase or clear the clipboard. How do I do that?

Thanks.

csheath

macrumors member
May 8, 2009
I don't believe you can, I'm pretty sure it saves whatever you have copied until you replace it with something else. You could copy a blank space I suppose

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Just copy a blank space or anything else you want to overwrite with. Also, turning the phone off and on will erase the clipboard.

Edit: Yeah, the poster below is right, you can't erase the CB by turning off. I just threw that out there, since I figured it would, but should've tested. Sorry!

JROD333

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
Just copy a blank space or anything else you want to overwrite with. Also, turning the phone off and on will erase the clipboard.

Negative... Turning off the phone does NOT erase the "clipboard", and neither does a hard reset.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Just copy something else like the word "the" or something like that.

Even if Apple did put a 'clear clipboard' function in, I'm sure that copying a random word would still be faster than using that!

thep33t

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Yea, would be nice to be able to purge it. Might have to see if i cant make a little tool that does that, I really hate the 'Paste' option comming up all the time when i really only need the clipboard for a moment...

Valora

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
If you want to clear your clipboard download iclear from the AppStore it works and its free, hope this helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.