Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elpinchegringo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2003
Does anyone have any experience with the various tablets and Inkwell? I am interested in primarily using it for notetaking onto my mac. I am a casual photoshop user, so its applicablility there is modestly important, but not the most important. I am interested primarily in the wacom graphire3, but I can get a graphire2 for pretty cheap, what is the difference, has anyone used both? What was updated?

tia
elpinchegringo

Bhennies

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2004
NYC & Baltimore
elpinchegringo said:
Does anyone have any experience with the various tablets and Inkwell? I am interested in primarily using it for notetaking onto my mac. I am a casual photoshop user, so its applicablility there is modestly important, but not the most important. I am interested primarily in the wacom graphire3, but I can get a graphire2 for pretty cheap, what is the difference, has anyone used both? What was updated?

tia
elpinchegringo
I have a wacom intuos platinum 6x8, it is an excellent piece. I use it all the time. I don't have personal experience with inkwell, but I use the tablet in Photoshop all the time and it is fantastic. The graphire should be fine for you...I would go with the more recent model as they are constantly improving the technology (sensitivity, drivers etc.) Just a guess though. Good luck!

elpinchegringo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2003
Bhennies said:
I have a wacom intuos platinum 6x8, it is an excellent piece. I use it all the time. I don't have personal experience with inkwell, but I use the tablet in Photoshop all the time and it is fantastic. The graphire should be fine for you...I would go with the more recent model as they are constantly improving the technology (sensitivity, drivers etc.) Just a guess though. Good luck!

cool, thanks, have you no use for inkwell, or just not tried it? I installed the wacom tablet driver and was thinking of going to bestbuy to see if they'd let me test it if they have an open box or display tablet.

thanks

Bhennies

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2004
NYC & Baltimore
elpinchegringo said:
cool, thanks, have you no use for inkwell, or just not tried it? I installed the wacom tablet driver and was thinking of going to bestbuy to see if they'd let me test it if they have an open box or display tablet.

thanks
actually, I haven't had a NEED to use it, and honestly haven't tried it. They have a Wacom set-up at the apple store.

elpinchegringo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2003
Bhennies said:
actually, I haven't had a NEED to use it, and honestly haven't tried it. They have a Wacom set-up at the apple store.

unfortunately I'm in Kansas city and the closest store is 3 hours away in St. Louis

elpinchegringo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2003
Well, I went to circuit city and bought a Graphire3. Pretty cool, will take some getting used to though. Thanks for the input.

epg

howard

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2002
i'm in the same boat

really i'd just want one for fun and to play around with. I don't NEED tablet, and the new ones being $100 and the old ones being $50 it would have to have a lot of advantages for a poor college student to buy a new one if he doesn't need it.

elpinchegringo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2003
howard said:
i'm in the same boat

really i'd just want one for fun and to play around with. I don't NEED tablet, and the new ones being $100 and the old ones being $50 it would have to have a lot of advantages for a poor college student to buy a new one if he doesn't need it.

it is pretty cool, I will get good at it this summer and use it for notes next year. There is a technology out there by a company named Pen&internet that is awesome, it recognizes cursive handwriting almost flawlessly. http://www.penandinternet.com try the flash demos.

The code is available for developers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.