Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ruhi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
I am looking forward for Some certification for MAC programmer or mac Application Developer.

Can u tell me what certification is available?

also for iPhone Programmer if there some certification let me know.

thanks in advance
ruhi.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I am looking forward for Some certification for MAC programmer or mac Application Developer.

Can u tell me what certification is available?

also for iPhone Programmer if there some certification let me know.

As far as I know, there is no official cerification program for Mac or iPhone programming. The best certification you can have is a working program that people like to use, I never really saw the point of being "certified" by a piece of paper.

ruhi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
MAc Certification

Thanks for your reply.

I am developing some application and will let u know when people will start using it :)

I needed certification to add value to my profile. If there is any other things that i should learn to be a perfect Mac Application programmer. Please let me know.

Thanks.
Ruhi

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
HiRez is right. There's no official certification that I know of either; but the Mac developer community is still quite small. If you develop a popular, useful app, your name does tend to get around.

lee1210

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
Dallas, TX
Apple offers a number of certifications, but none in programming:
http://training.apple.com/certification

I would definitely say that if you're seeking employment, having an example application that shows mastery of Cocoa (obviously you'll show a mastery of a subset, not everything), and some concepts like Core Data, etc. will take you further than a certification. I may simply not be seeking these types of jobs, but I've never seen MCTS/MCPD/MCAD/MCSD required for a Windows programming job... most certifications i know of are geared towards the IT side of things.

In any event, learn to program OS X and earn the skills you might imagine would be needed to get a certification and you should be fine. Actually doing whatever task a certification is meant to prove you can do is better in my opinion than the certification itself, which can be come by surreptitiously.

-Lee

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
As far as I know, there is no official cerification program for Mac or iPhone programming. The best certification you can have is a working program that people like to use, I never really saw the point of being "certified" by a piece of paper.

As a programmer and somebody who hires other programmers, a few certifications can be a good thing. It indicates somebody who takes the initiative to train up on something. As long as I know the certification isn't a joke, I like to see some of that on a resume. I also know that I've taken a few that challenged me to really solidify my knowledge in certain areas.

Edit: on the other hand, not having any certs isn't a deal-breaker either

Of course, for Mac programming, there is no certification. Probably because the mac development community is very small in comparison to Windows and Web-based development. Very few business apps are written for the Mac.

ruhi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
Thanks!

Thanks for your valuable replies.

But Certification have a lot of value in present scenario.

I need developer certification that is not available yet. i will wait for it anyways.

i will grab cocoa very seriously and make me like someone more than a certification for now.

Thanks.
Ruhi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.