Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Markandrewsmith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
I'm getting this message when I try to use stickies and then open some files on my computer after doing the software update. Does anyone know how to fix it to where I don't have to be some programmer guy and run code and stuff?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
What version of OS X are you running? (Apple menu > About This Mac)

Also, what version of Stickies do you have? (Click the app once, File > Get Info, and check the Version field)

Markandrewsmith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
I'm using 10.5.2 for the OS.

For stickies they're version 5.1.0

Then with some files when I try to open them I get the same message like for TV shows. But then when I take the files and pull them down into an application like quicktime they work.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
You've somehow ended up with an old version of Stickies; you should have version 6 on Leopard. Did you use the Migration Assistant or a similar tool to move software from an older computer?

Markandrewsmith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
I bet that's it, but they were working before. I originally had an i book G4 and then transfered everything over to my i mac a few months ago, but my stickies were working before and it was just after I did a software update that they stopped. What's terrible is that I lost all my story notes from the stickies but it's not that big of a deal.

I'm glad it's just maybe program specific and nothing is wrong with the big picture of OS X. So I probably just need to figure out how to get my stickies working again or get an earlier version and then get out of the habit of using them so much. Thanks for your help.

ebogawa

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2009
Stickies 5.1.0 Is Not Workling With OS X 10.4.11

I'm having a problem getting Stickies to work. I'm using OS 10.4.11 on an iMac G5. Stickies 5.1.0 appears in the Applications folder and a StickiesDatabase is in Home>Library, but Stickies>File>NewNote won't produce a note, and in the Stickies>Window pull-down a title "Untitled" appears for each attempt. I was wondering if I need to update to Stickies 6.0. If I do need to update to Stickies 6.0, where do I download it from? Could anyone tell me what is causing this problem and how it can be fixed?

guydude193

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2009
MI
Have you tried updating to 10.5.7 yet? I don't know if it will work, but it might update your Stickies. I'm not sure, though.

Edit: For OP.

ebogawa

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2009
Stickies 5.1.0 & 6.0 Download

When I click on the Stickies icon in the Dock only the menu bar is displayed, but not the whole window. When I then click on File > New Notes, nothing happens. I’m not able to create a new note. Do you think downloading and reinstalling the Stickies 5.1.0 software will solve the problem and how do I do that? Also what do you think if I download and install Stickies 6.0, will it work with OS X 10.4.11, and how do I do that?

mrchinchilla

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2009
The Stickies app from the original Public Beta of OS X works on Leopard, as well as the Jaguar and Panther versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.