Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Topic, what should I do? It won't let me sync, as there is only about 2GB of free space on it and my music and movies are well over that amount. Idk how the previous songs and videos got changed to "Other", and I would rather not have to restore and JB again, that'd be a pain. Thanks!

Attachments

• Capacity Bar.png
    Capacity Bar.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 99

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
Re-connect and restore

Try disconnecting, restarting your computer and re-connecting on a different USB port. then If that doesn't work, restore you iPhone and set up as a new iphone, not from back up.
Hope this helps,
Nick O

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
That's strange - I have exactly the same problem. I have 10.35GB of 'Other' listed on the phone, and all my music has disappeared.

OP, did resolve the issue? Did you just restore as the guy above suggested? I hope it's some rogue app writing enormous log files (hmmmm, skype?), and not my flash chips on the way out....

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Idk what it was, I didn't wait for the first reply before I just restored, then re-JB the phone. I'm not one to try restoring to a JB file, so I always start fresh as a "new phone." In the end, it's all back to normal, but it took at least an hour to get everything back from Cydia

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Gee, did you update to 3.01? Mine did it after I updated for the SMS fix, so I'm assuming it has to be related to that.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Hmm, weird. Oh well, it's been fixed anyways :D

I'm pretty happy that it's so freaking easy to do a restore on this thing, just click a button and go play videogames for 15-30 mins. Thanks for your help everyone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.