Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ROGERWILCO357

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Michigan
how do you save favorite websites to the macs safari?
how do you burn backups from movies you have since i cannot use my fab or dvd oneclick?
and do i really need to reformat the whole 320 gigs on the western digital to use it as a backup for the mac? if so will i be able to save multiple mac's on one drive like i did my windows pc's
soo many questions no answers yet anyone want to help me get thru this thing called mac?:)

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
+ icon on the browser (top left)
Try Handbreak for backing up DVD's

Yes you will be able to add multiple backups to the one drive each from a different box/device

ROGERWILCO357

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Michigan
another i don't know how to

how do you make the bottom bar where all your icons are , make them wave when you scroll across them aren't they suppose to go up and down and look cool i am using a macbook unibody 2.4ghz,2gigs ddr3,on 250 gig hd
running the mac leopard latest version not sure what numbers as i am on a pc right now ..only had the laptop for a day and need to learn alot..thanks in advance for your patience and my redundant questions.:confused:

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
how do you make the bottom bar where all your icons are , make them wave when you scroll across them aren't they suppose to go up and down and look cool i am using a macbook unibody 2.4ghz,2gigs ddr3,on 250 gig hd
running the mac leopard latest version not sure what numbers as i am on a pc right now ..only had the laptop for a day and need to learn alot..thanks in advance for your patience and my redundant questions.:confused:

Don't you mean the magnify effect? If so, click on the Apple logo :apple: on the menu bar, choose Dock > Turning magnification on. Also, you should check out the links that eawmp1 suggested. I just got my Mac a month ago and the support links have helped me tremendously.

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Seriously though, Apple has plenty of tutorials online and google will get you answers quicker than posting to a forum.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 66

ROGERWILCO357

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Michigan
thanks for the help

Don't you mean the magnify effect? If so, click on the Apple logo :apple: on the menu bar, choose Dock > Turning magnification on. Also, you should check out the links that eawmp1 suggested. I just got my Mac a month ago and the support links have helped me tremendously.

really helpful one down many more to go ..:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.