Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aido2002

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2009
I just downloaded, from BitTorrent, all the episodes of Arrested Development. They're perfect--the format I want, good res--but one minor issue that is driving me nuts: they all seem to have been sped up a little. (I haven't done the math, but an episode that is 21:47 on Hulu is 20:52 here.) Can anyone come up with a script that will take them all and, one way or another, slow them down to the right speed? I don't want to simply have QuickTime play them slower--I need them edited down to that. (I want to put them on my AppleTV and watch them there.)

I realize slowing them down may make for weird-sounding audio--I'm hoping it doesn't need to be slowed down so much that that happens.

thriftinkid

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2008
I just downloaded, from BitTorrent, all the episodes of Arrested Development. They're perfect--the format I want, good res--but one minor issue that is driving me nuts: they all seem to have been sped up a little. (I haven't done the math, but an episode that is 21:47 on Hulu is 20:52 here.) Can anyone come up with a script that will take them all and, one way or another, slow them down to the right speed? I don't want to simply have QuickTime play them slower--I need them edited down to that. (I want to put them on my AppleTV and watch them there.)

I realize slowing them down may make for weird-sounding audio--I'm hoping it doesn't need to be slowed down so much that that happens.

They are probably in PAL 25 fps format instead of NSTC 30fps. You will need to get some kind of compression software that will do the convert. I think m-peg stream clip might work. It's a freeware program. You will be able to convert them to NTSC 720x486 frame size at 30 fps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.