Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daytimeninja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Ok, so is it possible to stream my iTunes purchases from my Windows PC, to an Apple TV or do I have to purchase them on the Apple TV?

thanks for the help

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
Anything that works in iTunes will work on the AppleTV. Whichever computer you set it up with becomes the main source, and as far as I know, the music from that machine must be transferred/synced to the AppleTV in order to play, but movies can be streamed.

You can also connect other computers to the AppleTV, up to 5 I believe, which you can use to stream music/movies to the AppleTV.

Shuttleworth

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2008
UK
Anything that works in iTunes will work on the AppleTV. Whichever computer you set it up with becomes the main source, and as far as I know, the music from that machine must be transferred/synced to the AppleTV in order to play, but movies can be streamed.

No, music can be streamed too, and the :apple:TV can also act as remote speakers for itunes on your computer.

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
No, music can be streamed too, and the :apple:TV can also act as remote speakers for itunes on your computer.

I know it can be streamed from computers, but I just never had any luck streaming the source Mac's music. I could only get it to play that music if it was synced. I could very well be wrong though.

daytimeninja

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Thanks for the help guys. As long as I can play my iTunes purchases on my TV, it's great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.