Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RTiii320

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Long Beach, CA
macbook_cake.jpg

Pretty amazing if you really look at it, especially with all the supplies around it...

http://nibbet.com/2009/07/31/this-macbook-cake-is-definitely-a-pro-cake/

gillboyswims96

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
wait, how does the screen not fall over:confused:

since i cant to that i guess i will just have to make a macbook cake, but it will be closed :p

upinflames900

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
wait, how does the screen not fall over:confused:

since i cant to that i guess i will just have to make a macbook cake, but it will be closed :p

There is either something holding it behind it or something in between the layers that holds it up. I doubt that you can make it do that without some supporting help.

Takuta-Nui

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2009
There is either something holding it behind it or something in between the layers that holds it up. I doubt that you can make it do that without some supporting help.

If you've watched Ace of Cakes, you might recall the frequent use of wooden sticks. They're basically scaffolding tools that go inside the part of the cake that need such support. That MacBook lid looks thick enough that the use of sticks wouldn't be out of the question.

Anyway, I love it - I had been pondering what to request for my 18th birthday, and I think I have the answer! Only difference would be it'd be the unibody version. ;)

bbotte

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
USA
Looks like fondit to me, if you have ever eaten it, it's horrible. Yuck.... No thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.