Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
I am just wondering the legality of this. I have not seen any on ebay yet. If it is legal this could be a temporary solution to our Canadian and European friends until they get access to the music store. Selling to them however may be illegal.

I remember someone was selling a song on ebay that originally purchased on the iTMS. Ebay eventually pulled the auction.

What are your thoughts?

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2004
I don't know about eBay, but (as a Canadian iTunes addict) I've been getting anyone I know whose travelling to the US to pick me up the iTunes Target cards while they're down there. As far as iTunes knows, I live in Beverly Hills 90210. I just hope that when iTunes finally arrives in Canada I'll be able to change it to a Canadian account.

asif3

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2003
London, UK.
chameeeleon said:
I don't know about eBay, but (as a Canadian iTunes addict) I've been getting anyone I know whose travelling to the US to pick me up the iTunes Target cards while they're down there. As far as iTunes knows, I live in Beverly Hills 90210. I just hope that when iTunes finally arrives in Canada I'll be able to change it to a Canadian account.

Heheh, I 'ive' in 90210 too :) - It's the only ZIP code I could remember.

There used to be a seller on eBay and his auctions always used to get snapped up quick, but he's disappeared now. He used to add around $5 onto the price for the cert and like $20 for the $200 certs.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
to answwer the question: no, i believe that an end user/consumer has no legal rights to resell apple's gift cards. It has been a big mess before, so let's not get into it agian, okay?

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
well i highly doubt it's illegal to sell them, but they're probably invalid if resold, so you couldn't legally use them... check the terms of the certificate. It's all in there. I should imagine it's also against the terms to use the service from outside of the US. again, check the terms.

paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.