Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
A video game as the main story on https://www.macrumors.com/iphone ? It must have been a slow news day. How about some useful news?

Isn't this page normally/mostly about apps anyway? Some news, but a lot many people may not care about. I for one am glad it was here, If I didn't see it here I wouldn't have known about it as I do not frequently look for games, iPhone or otherwise. So to each their own. Got me to click and buy and I am sure Arn doesn't mind that.

leonstafford

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2007
Kyoto, Japan
I think you'll need to be cryo frozen to wait out that game :p

I bought this as my account isn't empty and this is a truly historic game which paved the way for some if not many.

I hope we get Shadow Warrior, too!

Buy a copy now, it is cheaper than the original and the more who buy it the more likely a proper update will come out.

It's doom with attitude, if not boobies in this release!

Meh, I'll pass on this. I'm waiting for Duke Nukem forever. :D

Dokter_Mac

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2005
Doesnt work on Ipod Touch 1G either so dont click buy before reading the small print if you have a 1G.
-Tig

I installed it on my first gen. iPod and it runs like a charme ;).
I used the iPhone-configuration program from Apple.

I bought the game first with my sec. gen. iPod. Then I downloaded the game with iTunes on my Mac. I right-clicked in iTunes on the Duke Nukem 3D icon and selected 'Show in Finder'. Copied the .ipa file to my desktop and changed .ipa in .zip :D. Unzipped the file and then I installed it with the the iPhone-configuration program (which I use for installing beta iPhone apps on my iPods).

I can't see why they left out only the first gen. iPod (the first iPhones are not restricted)? The game runs great on a first gen. iPod!!! I have also Prey and other 'havy duty' games/apps installed on my first gen. iPod and they all run just fine... Ohhh well, maybe they will allow it in the future... Untill then, this works just fine for me :D.

Greets

BTW: I love my Lego stereo speakers for my first gen. iPod! Great sound for gaming and music! Much better sound then the sec. gen. iPod build-in speaker or any iPhone speaker :).
If Apple only made their iPods or iPhones just a little longer, the same speakers would fit in the devices! They are that small and don't use that many juice... Too bad...

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
How Do You Open Doors?

The fist button. Also use it in front of, ahem, certain things for a different effect. And water sources for health refills.

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    254.5 KB · Views: 74

richardhunt

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2007
We used to play this game on the LAN after we closed shop. It ran on Pentiums @75Mhz with no problems. We had up to 6 players running around, it was great fun.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
I finally bought it. I figured that I might as well while it's only $2.99. They are currently working to perfect the game controls, so I'm not worried about that right now.

Now if I can just remember how to beat all the levels.

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
I played it for about an hour last night with no trouble using the analog controls. It took me about 5 minutes to get used to and after that, I was fine.

Have played it for at least an hour, I love it. The controls are not perfect, but more than adequate. For the price a cheap burger, I get much more satisfaction from this, but still have to deal with greasy fingerprints on my screen.:D By far my favorite App store purchase yet.

Hooy

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2009
Somewhere in Alaska
??

Duke Nukem? He's ok. But what do You know about real heroes? Could he save You if the real war came? I don't think so... I'm 50 years old and all I live for is war.
And I tell You a secret... There's something comin'...

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Duke Nukem? He's ok. But what do You know about real heroes? Could he save You if the real war came? I don't think so... I'm 50 years old and all I live for is war.
Alaska is planning something and Hooy is their messenger.
You registered for that?
Welcome to MR scary guy.

iAlexG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
UK
I bought this expecting an experience like Wolfenstien 3D on my ipod touch but i hate the controls, analog and digital, is there anyway I could turn the sensitivity of the analog controls down?

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007

Actually yeah, he could save me. Once the real war starts, I am gonna be playing Duke Nukem on my iPod touch like it is a life and death situation, and nobody will mess with me because they will think I am already crazy. And NOBODY messes with a crazy person with something shiny and metal in their hands...

...and welcome to MacRumours. Where the real warriors are...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.