Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

El Duderino

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
does the extended applecare warrenty give coverage for battery replacements?

[addition] how long does it take to ship a PB once its BTO, im leaving for vacation on the 18th and i want to be able to take it, thanx

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
United States
Do you mean if the battery dies from a manufacturing default? I think so. Also, if you have your PB BTO, I doubt it sill be ready before you leave. Pick up one at your local Apple Store (if it's local of course.)

JOD8FY

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
yes your battery will be covered. anything is covered as long as its not user abuse. as for your powerbook, i think youll get it in before the 18th. they have been shipping extremely fast and i think even the bto's will come in quickly.

iJon

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
jane doe said:
No, the battery is NOT covered by applecare... Just the computer itself.
uh yeah it is. if the battery dies and stops charging within the warranty you get an new one.

iJon

JFreak

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2003
Tampere, Finland
batteries are covered. my friend bought a G4 ibook last year and has used it quite heavily on the road, and one day the rubber foot (!) dropped off. apple exchanged the battery to a fresh one because of that. i'd guess more serious problems would be covered too ;)

LimeLite

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2003
Los Angeles, Ca
Batteries and chargers are at the discretion of the technician. If it appears that there has been abuse, then no.

Basically, the best way to think about AppleCare, or pretty much any extended warranty, is that they'll replace things that are their fault, but not yours.

jane doe

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
iJon said:
uh yeah it is. if the battery dies and stops charging within the warranty you get an new one.

iJon

Go back and read it again... It excludes consumables. At least thats what mine says.

El Duderino

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
i probably should have been a bit more specific. the PB uses a lithium ion battery, those will only hold a full sharge for about 1 to 1 1/2 years. if i do not could the full charge in the time covered under the warrenty will they replace it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.