Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WordLife565

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
Charlotte, NC
my 30gb ipod video is constantly freezing, constantly losing battery even when supposedly off, what can I do to try and fix this.

WordLife565

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
Charlotte, NC
no....it still doesn't work properly. every time I turn it off, it won't turn back on without a restart, and it only really consistently works if it is hooked up to a constant power supply (i.e. wall charger). how did this just all of a sudden start happening...this is so gay.

Confuzzeled23

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2009
The battery is on the way out. Unless you want to get the battery replaced you will have to go get a new iPod. The same thing has been happening with mine for about 3 months. And mine will be 3 years old this Christmas. I only use it when it is connected to a power supply, which is good for me anyway, because I have an FM Transmitter that charges the iPod. So, I suggest you get a new battery, or wait until September for the new iPod's come out, which is what I am doing.

PS - Don't appreciate you using the word 'gay' as a derogatory term.

WordLife565

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
Charlotte, NC
yeah, i guess you're right, I'm taking a trip to the apple store today to either purchase a 120 GB classic or 32 GB touch.

EDIT- I forgot about September, I don't want to wait, but the past has told me that waiting will be the wisest choice.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
This sounds like the problems my Dad has been having with the 5G iPod I bought him. I bought it used in the MR MP a couple months ago and he said it's be freezing up occasionally and the only way he can get it to respond is to restore it via iTunes.

I wasn't able to offer him any advice, as he was already doing what I would do, but the problem keeps happening, anyone have any ideas? I'd rather not have to tell him he needs a new iPod, since I just got this one for my parents and it's their first iPod.

WordLife565

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
Charlotte, NC
it may just be a battery problem, so you can get it replaced by apple for like 60 bucks.

The only reason I won't do that, is because I think mine is more than a battery problem, so I don't wanna waste the money for it to still be freezing even after I get a new battery.

But in your case it might just be the battery, just go to the apple store, and ask a genius...

oh and I didn't mean to use gay like that haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.