Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rishi13

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
My iPhone completely ran out of battery last night and I plugged it in to the AC charge it about 4 hours ago. The battery indicator still has the battery at very low red and it has not moved. Do you think I should just take this to the genius bar? Thanks for your help.

PACMAC

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2008
take it back... Always remember not to drain batts all they way down were it can't even boot itself sometimes batts have hard time to charge.. But take it back maybe you have a bad batt

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
I'm having teh same problem now but itunes wont recognize or charge my phone.. pretty much nothign happens when i plug it in to nothing,, any idea? i already restarted and nothing

sarahjev

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2009

I had the same thing, just wouldn't charge, and itunes wouldn't let me sync it.
I had updated it about a month before so it had cydia on a first 'gen iphone, so restoring it meant i would have to add it on all over again, and i didn't want to do that, so this is what i did...

:apple: left my iphone on charge for about an hour or more
:apple: sync it, well try to, and then eject it from itunes
:apple: take it off charge, turn it on and off a few times until it came up that my phone had been charged (full) and itunes let me sync it again!

hope i helped :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.