Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
They clip onto your Mac notebook. Or you could think what you do with the same things on a vacuum cleaner with the cord...

reallynotnick

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
They are designed to be used as a weapon, you flip them out and then you swing your power brick above your head to intimidate all of your enemies.

kryptonianjorel

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2009
They are designed to be used as a weapon, you flip them out and then you swing your power brick above your head to intimidate all of your enemies.

Too funny. Unfortunately if that were true, Apple would have made the power brick the size of an actual brick, like the Xbox 360 brick. This thing is more like a power coaster

bcburrows

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Bristol
Legs

They are little legs, and when you are out, it pulls the cleverly designed magnet from your mac and wanders off to find any PC's to beat up

ohheygeorge

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2010
I think I have the answer!

I think they're to hang onto things with. Like, say (for a random example) you were sat at the top of a tall chain link fence, and because of magsafe, the weight from the powerbox would make the chord fall out all the time, so the little legs can hook it onto the fence so it doesn't fall. Capiche?

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
I've always wondered what they were for and couldn't figure it out on google.

apple-a1184.jpg

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I nail my to the wall and use it as a coat hanger, but that's just because I know what the true function is.

rozz

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2013
my head says its a wrappy wire thing but my heart says its for hanging on random objects as to get more air ventilation.
Though intimidating your enemies with it as a technologic flail is also possible.

GSPice

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2008
my head says its a wrappy wire thing but my heart says its for hanging on random objects as to get more air ventilation.
Though intimidating your enemies with it as a technologic flail is also possible.

The thread zombies are not intimidated

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.