Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JC90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
Hi everyone, I've been a long-time browser of this site, but thought I'd finally register!

I have one thing that really bugs me about my Macbook Pro: There is no delete key! I've become accustomed to using this when typing, and really miss it on my Macbook.

I am aware that fn + backspace = delete, but Ideally, I'd like to reconfigure the eject button, to act as a delete key, and have it so that fn + eject would act as the 'eject' button.

I've downloaded a program for remapping keyboards called 'double command', but there is no option to do what I have explained, within this program.

So my question is: Is there anyone out there who can clue me up on how to do this, or if it is even possible?
Many thanks :)

jpma

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
fn + backspace are mostly meant for windows software.
doesn't backspace or cmd + backspace work for you?
or is it only for certain software or day in activities?

JC90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 21, 2009
Well on my machine fn + backspace is delete, cmd +backspace doesn't do anything. I just find it a pain to have to use the fn key, and would prefer to remap the eject key, which is at the top right of the keyboard, above the backspace key (where I'm used to having a delete key).

I use the delete key whenever I'm typing, and with some other stuff, so it is day-to-day.

As i barely use the eject key, I'd rather remap it to function as a delete key if possible...

If I could get a delete key set up, It's be nice to also be able to delete files using this key, instead of having to right-click and 'move to trash', which is a pain...

Anyone got any ideas? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.