Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bonswizzle

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2009
London, UK
As far as I'm aware as long as you have a good back up there shouldn't be an issue even with a erase and install. I think I'll attempt this using Time Machine when I get my hands on SL...

nullx86

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2009
Wilmington/Jacksonville, NC
I lol'd at OP. As long as you do the Upgrade version, and not a "Fresh Install" you shouldnt lose your tuff, but it would be wise to run Time Machine before you back up your stuff.

rekhyt

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2008
Part of the old MR guard.
I lol'd at OP. As long as you do the Upgrade version, and not a "Fresh Install" you shouldnt lose your tuff, but it would be wise to run Time Machine before you back up your stuff.

I love the thing how spotlight will search faster in SLeopard and how Time Machine will backup faster, but-

Will the Time Machine saves in Leopard work in Snow Leopard? (Backward Time Machine save compatibility?)

nullx86

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2009
Wilmington/Jacksonville, NC
I love the thing how spotlight will search faster in SLeopard and how Time Machine will backup faster, but-

Will the Time Machine saves in Leopard work in Snow Leopard? (Backward Time Machine save compatibility?)

Time Machine saves will work, you just have to remember to actually browse thru it and not restore it, because it will restore Leopard. Basically, Do Time Machine, Install SL, plug in yout TM disk and then go to your folder (username) and copy the obvious "Music, Movies, Sites, Documents" etc, and then copy what apps you want. DO NOT restore anything! doing so will f*** up your SLE folder and kill your SL install

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.