Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

110618-chipotle-find-location.jpg
110618-chipotle-menu.jpg

The Chipotle Ordering app is back in the App Store after only a short period of availability earlier this year. First appearing in January, the app was live for only a few hours and then pulled due to unanticipated demand that overloaded the servers handling orders. At that time, the plan was to have the app return to the App Store after a couple of weeks.

110618-chipotle-order.jpg
110618-chipotle-order.jpg

The app offers the ability to locate nearby Chipotle restaurants and browse the menu. Desired items can be ordered and paid for with a credit card. Favorite menu items can be saved for future orders.

The Chipotle Ordering app is free and can be found in the App Store here (link opens iTunes).

Article Link: 'Chipotle Ordering' Back in App Store

Carpe Discus

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2008
San Diego
Better than the last one...

...but man, that last one was horrible. Love to know who did that one and who they replaced them with.

Solid app, but doesn't allow custom orders. My kids usually get off menu stuff like rice and beans, a bean and cheese burrito, or a quesadilla. Can't figure out how to do that, which means I sadly won't be using it, generally.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
For an individual this is just a fun toy, but if you've ever been given the task of going to buy lunch for 12 coworkers then this program will make your life SO much better!

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
For an individual this is just a fun toy, but if you've ever been given the task of going to buy lunch for 12 coworkers then this program will make your life SO much better!

Actually - it's very handy for the individual who's in a meeting and wants to order as they're wrapping up.

Or in my case - when I want to order as I'm walking over since it's a good 5 minute walk from my office...

verdee

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
I wonder if they fixed the store hours problem. Multiple times it allowed me to place an order for pick up after the store had closed.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Can you specify what you want on it?

And does anyone know what happens at the store? Does it come out as a printout, or appear on a screen? I'd prefer paperless, so I'd probably only use this in the latter case.

blilly

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2005
Can you specify what you want on it?

And does anyone know what happens at the store? Does it come out as a printout, or appear on a screen? I'd prefer paperless, so I'd probably only use this in the latter case.

From what I've seen, it prints out a small, itemized receipt that they build the order from and then hand to you. Not paperless, but efficient.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
From what I've seen, it prints out a small, itemized receipt that they build the order from and then hand to you. Not paperless, but efficient.

The primary reason to use the app is that you get to skip to the front of the line no matter how long it is.

blilly

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2005
The primary reason to use the app is that you get to skip to the front of the line no matter how long it is.

Exactly. I just used it for an order for 7 people. It still has some oddities ... when you enter your first order, it asks you to "Name your order" so I used our company name. Then every other person got the same prompt, but it's not exactly clear that it's adding it to the previous 'bag' or beginning a new order ... turns out the prompt should really ask "What is your name?" or "Who is this order for"?

Also, could not find a way to edit an order after it was placed in the cart.

At least the food will be good.

kraney548

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2008
Might be waiting a long time to order....

I don't think the developers remembered to turn off their "testing" settings.

Check out Settings > Chipotle

Looks like the orders are sent to the development server and the lab by default not the store of your choice!!!! Can some one confirm that ordering actually works.

Attachments

• ChipotleSettings.jpg
    ChipotleSettings.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 112

matperk

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Looks like the orders are sent to the development server and the lab by default not the store of your choice!!!! Can some one confirm that ordering actually works.

haha oops. May be trying this out for dinner...

longofest

Editor emeritus
Jul 10, 2003
Falls Church, VA

You'd think as "thorough" as Apple is with its approval process they'd catch something like this.

blilly

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2005

It works.

iPegboy

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2003
Detroit
Can someone give us their experience using it? What happened when you went to the store? Did you walk to the cash register? Was it ready for you? Etc?

Looks like it has great potential, just wonder how good it will end up being. Don't know why more pizza places haven't jumped on something like this.

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA

There are times when this is golden. If I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, and there happens to be 40 people in line during lunch hour, I can get my good food and still be able to make it to the company meeting on time. You guys are going to hate me for saying this, but there should be a convenience fee added to your order. Why? Because then it will allow those who really are in a hurry to get their food quickly. I'm thinking only 50 cents, but we need to add something to keep "everyone" from using this and then it becomes pointless from a "getting to the front of the line" perspective. Right now, on some of the highways here in California, there is a FastTrack lane (91Fwy, for example) and when there is a traffic jam, you can pay $5 to use the FastTrack lane to keep going 65mph. No one pays the $5 every day, but when you are in a desperate hurry to get somewhere, that $5 seems like a bargain.

Good point!

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I too am wondering what the pickup logistics are. Is there a sign for online pickups, or do you just muscle through the crowd and try to decide where to insert yourself in the line? (Since the last few people in line already HAVE their food sitting lined up at the register and are simply paying. So I assume you'd get behind them and ahead of those who are pondering guacamole--if you can figure out where that division is.)

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
I've never had Chipotle, but my roommate swears by it.
I'll have to download this tonight. Maybe my RM will think its so cool she'll buy me dinner. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.