Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ichelle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my excitement. I'm replacing last year's UMB with a MBA Rev B 1.86 SSD and cannot be more impressed. It's my secondary computer, supplementing my 24" iMac. This thing is wayyyyy better than a netbook AND the UMB combined! I love it that much. I've installed Adobe CS3 for light work and it's taken it like a champ. Only thing is the fans are constantly on but I suppose that's understandable. Please chime in to let me know I made a good choice ;)

Anyway, female mac head here. Hello! :D
a9qtev.jpg

stockscalper

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2003
Area 51
I think you made a great choice. According to MacWorld tests the 1.86 tested faster than the 2.13 model. And the SSD drive really bumps up the over all speed. Great choice and happy computing!

ichelle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Thank you! This is my first SSD machine and I am very excited to test out how capable it is. I was using it on the train during the a.m. commute today and the girl next to me couldn't help but stare and ask questions :) I felt special hehe. :apple:

ichelle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
Additionally, I'm trying to check the screen for those lines that often plague MBAs and I think I have the 9C9A version. I see very faint lines but only if I really really look close. I wonder which screen model is the best...

I used my MBA in direct sunlight at lunch. The sun was shining directly behind me. Gotta say, I had no trouble at all w/viewing the screen. It's excellent!! A very welcome change from all the glass on the uMB.

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
I just bought this same MBA, Apple refurb. This thing rocks! I would have a hard time going back to other Macbooks after using the Air.

ichelle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2009
I just bought this same MBA, Apple refurb. This thing rocks! I would have a hard time going back to other Macbooks after using the Air.

Absolutely agree. Even if the Mac tablet is supposedly in the works, I don't think I can part with MBA!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.